engine locked

W

woods39

Just got done installing. took it for an attemted ride. released clutch. Tires locked up. Now I cant even turn the chain or let in clutch wtf?

woods39 said:
Just got done installing. took it for an attemted ride. released clutch. Tires locked up. Now I cant even turn the chain or let in clutch wtf?

Does your clutch lever still move the clutch arm on the engine? If not....try adjusting your cable.
If it moves okay.....then check to see if your chain is in a bind on your front sprocket. read the following thread
http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=548
let us know what you find out.

chime in, you gearheads! :) what do ya think?

srdavo said:
woods39 said:

Does your clutch lever still move the clutch arm on the engine? If not....try adjusting your cable.
If it moves okay.....then check to see if your chain is in a bind on your front sprocket. read the following thread
http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=548
let us know what you find out.

chime in, you gearheads! :) what do ya think?

I cant get off the back cover.. The one with the clutch arm... all its doing is stripping the screws, and suggestions?

put the bike up against something that won't give while you're doing this.

use the largest blade that will fit the slot (full-width especially)...while applying pressure down & twisting left, tap the end of the screwdriver with a medium/small hammer. with a little luck & patience you'll vibrate it loose.

careful, if you totally lose the slot, you're gonna be doing some drilling.

keep us posted.

fixed

Thanks all my chain is/was fixed. I started peddling again and let out the clutch and the chain broke. Someone please kill me. pm me for my address..ha Where do I get another link from? And fast!!!

A tip for new engine installers. Before your first start, emove spark plug if already installed and with clutch engaged push bike forward. This helps check things out such as proper chain alignment, engine spins freely, and peace of mind so you don't have this problem when the moment occurs for your first start attempt. Good luck.

test-spin was standard procedure here...funny how you're not always aware of what you know.

that's a righteous piece of advice, rcjunkie, it's about time someone thought to actually write it down 8)

Back