Engine low on power after rebuild

ChristianF

Local time
7:23 AM
Hey guys, I need some guidance and insight into my build. I just rebuild the top end of my 66cc engine. New cylinder because the intake screw holes were stripped. I regasketed everything with the black gasket sealer, and locktited everything. The biggest change has been I installed one of the HP carburetors from ThatsDAX. Engine fired up, and idles great, but has no power. I am using a 65 jet, which is the smallest I have, because the one that came in it (70) was too rich. The engine used to rev up to full power with the stock NT carb quite fast, and I could cruise comfortably at 2/3 throttle at 25mps. Now, with the DAX carb, I have to pedal manually quite a bit more than I used to, and at top end it struggles to reach 20mph, and it just feels much lower on power than it did. I always heard these carbs were quite a bit better and had excellent response, but I considered putting the NT carb back on it. Can anyone help me out here? The bike is just much lower power than it was.

Break in. Very important. Just ride around at all speed ranges. It will get stronger. If not, i'm not sure what else could be. Try the stock carbs again if nothing. I've heard the HP carb is pretty ehh..

Back