Engine makes loud pop noise while trying to accelarate

S

Sushan

I took apart my engine and cleaned eveything.. i took my time and its been a week and half since I took the engine apart. Before that engine ran fine. Just wanted to do few maintenence . Now engine wont start at all .. I turn the fuel cap on . I pedal and next thing is while I try to get the engine to start it makes very loud pop. I dont know what the problem is..

Can you help

timing or air leak. check magnet first, make sure it's tight on the shaft, then check crank seals, carb seals, and head gasket.

the aluminum gasket can only properly conform to irregularities one time.
pops are always from bad head/cylinder sealing

No, that's why smart people throw them away and put a real gasket on there.
Unfortunately no one sells a good gasket and you have to make your own from hi-temp gasket material from the auto parts store.

I find that as long as one doesn't make the mistake of sanding the head, these metal gaskets work best and also transfer more heat out of the head than any non-conductive material.

their ability to transfer heat is their only advantage.
If you want to stick to using them then buy a few of them so you can put a new one on each time you work on the engine.

I have reused the aluminium gasket multiple times , what I do is mark the gasket with marker also the head , not to put back on the same way but make sure they DONT line up .

Back