Engine mounting bolts are not even.

PimpMan

Local time
9:07 PM
I have gotten new kit and bottom mount is not straight the two bolts coming out of the engine are not inline and mounting the frigging engine on my huge frame i have to use bracket that come with it well no matter how i do it engine never aligns evenly its always sideways.

5.jpg

It come with this flat bracket that just not even i have tried to expand the holes to align it yet still little luck.
9.jpg

I ordered this bracket perhaps it will be easier to align
7.jpg

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Anyway to give folks a pic of your frame where the engine will mount. Every frame is different and 1000's of bikes out there. Someone here will have a fix for ya. Some incredible talent on this forum.

I have that mount plate in the top pic it was also off center. I just widened and slotted the holes. Not a very good design the lower one is much better they even make ones that use 2 8mm U bolts and the plate has the curvature. Makes a much sturdier mount.

Man this stupid ebay sent me same exact flat mount as what i had.

don't blame ebay, ebay is just a site and middle man for the moronic sellers that sell the items if anything blame the sellers and if it isn't the product you ordered then send back if they don't corporate contact ebay

Yeah dealing with it now what matters more is time factor rather than $6 i sent.

seema recently is a trash of poor castings and parts. bad mounts and cdhpower says it got a batch of bad clutches.
if you get a good case and it's a decent running HT engine probly best to keep it going as long as you can. it's a roll of the dice getting good replacement parts

The studs coming from motor can be bent as well, or not threaded in the case straight. This is WAY more likely with the older style 6mm stud motors that come with thin soft studs that bend very easily.

Hold a ruler to the mount with it upsidedown and see if the studs are coming out evenly, and try to GENTLY straighten them with a long screwdriver diagonally across them (hard to explain so did a quick mspaint lol). I recommend tapping for 8mm studs and installing them with red loctite for a real fix, but without a good vice and press its hard to tap them straight.
bentstuds.jpg

Back