Engine Mounts

^ ^ ^ Hahaha...

blacklabel7345

i might as well get one cheap as an entry level project.
That's what I thought: get into this on the cheap... well, it's not that simple for me. LOL.

...going over the plans and the forum threads i was wonering why people just dont use skateboard truck bushings
Among other things, I needed to make additional mount spacers and wound up hard-mounting the motor with beefy, custom billet aluminum mounts that clamp solid over the down and seat tubes of my Schwinn Cruiser. I have no rubber or urethane bushings for vibration damping in these mounts... and the more I learn about these motors, the more I wished I'd used something to dampen the vibration. Perhaps I can do a Version 2 down the road a bit...

Your idea is a good one, but you still need to fabricate, in metal, the rest of the mount that would incorporate the use of these urethane skateboard truck bushings.

Good luck! and welcome to MB.c.

i think im discovering america here
LOL! yeah, but it's the good part...great idea, but i've learned that the bicycle will handle it better if you lock the engine down tight....if you experiment, and please do, give us a detailed report with pics, m-kay? :cool:

The softest ones might be great. You'll have to actually see your motor mounts to see if you can incorporate the truck bushings. Or fabricate your own mount specifically for use with the bushings. I'm in that waiting stage myself before I figure out my dampening strategy.

heh heh heh....welcome to the new world....plenty of exploring around here!
Andrew

I like it. Good idea. I had a Ford model A, it had the engine bolted to the frame, I put the rubber engine kit on the thing and what a difference. There are not to many motorcycles out there that have rubber mounts, but that is how Harley finely made theres smooth. Just make it so that you don't loose the alignment of the chain under load. Have fun, Dave

PS: Oh yea, Honda put the handle bars in rubber.

lol thanx guys for the repliys, im getting my engine on saturday(hopefully) and going to work on it saturday night/ sunday night.

Back