Engine Moving

Niratic

Local time
8:56 AM
The engine on my 2 stroke 80cc keeps tilting to the right so i have to kick it to the right before every run and then the chain comes off because of that too. I cant seem to get it to stay still, im using the U-Mount for the bottom bar.

Ive tightened them as much as I can, Ill try doubling them tomorrow, thanks!
Then either something is stripped, constantly backing out, or not as tight as it can be.

You're not using rubber mounts or anything right? Or a rubber bicycle frame perhaps. That u mount should get tight enough to almost crimp the tube.

Shove test, if you push/pull the motor and it wiggles in the frame it's no good. Litteraly should feel like it's welded together and not to come apart unless you get hit by a car/truck.

Then either something is stripped, constantly backing out, or not as tight as it can be.

You're not using rubber mounts or anything right? Or a rubber bicycle frame perhaps. That u mount should get tight enough to almost crimp the tube.

Shove test, if you push/pull the motor and it wiggles in the frame it's no good. Litteraly should feel like it's welded together and not to come apart unless you get hit by a car/truck.
It keeps drooping off to the right so do you think it is the mount to the support that goes under the seat or the support that is on the bottom?

Sort it out before it snaps its studs off.

I can't believe the stock u bolt is any good. Not that I've tried it or been able to yet, but I have seen the one I got and F...orget that! :eek: I ordered an automotive heavy duty exhaust clamp in a size that matches my frame's downtube for £1.54 inc shipping.
The studs Idk what you got. Mine were visibly useless but if you're in USA you can get the replacement ones from Sick Bike Parts with free shipping.

Read the newbie threads. In Frame mounted engines section.
Lots of people here with loadss of actual (painful) experience and horror stories kindly posted for the benefit of others like us. Worth listening to, to not be pointlessly duplicating the learning experiences they had. :)

Last edited:
a bit of PVC pipe between frame and rear mount will help it grip better - also, be sure motor is all the way down on frame before even starting to tighten nuts

Back