Engine no longer running...possible no spark?

check two wires that run magneto to CD. I use to ride myne in the snow all the time and in a 5 mile ride id have to stop like 5 times to mess with the wires. Sometimes they get wt and sometimes that causes them to oxidise and cause bad connect. Also make sure you are not grounding yourself out on anything

its always the magneto if any thing when it comes to no spark for some od reason

While waiting for my magneto to arrive in the mail, I took sideshowsideswipe's advice to clean out the carby a bit since it probably needed it anyways. There wasn't any particulate clogging the pin, so I think I'm ok there.

I also pulled the plug and checked for spark, grounding the plug to the engine, and there was none. Soooo, I've yet to get a good plug and toss the China one in the trash, but I'm still thinking it's the mag. If not, then maybe CDI or both... I'll keep y'all posted, and thanks again--I'm very grateful for this site!

J

I walk by my MB everyday with a hangdog look on my face. :cry: I think the only one sadder is the bike! ;)

Well, I guess it's only been a week since I ordered the magneto from dax. You guys are right--nice site... Any idea how long shipping from CO to MN takes...? (Just getting anxious to get back on the asphalt!)

WOO HOO!!! I'm officially back on the road!

Well, I got my magneto in the mail today from Dax, installed it in under 30 minutes, and she fired up on the very first try! :D I've officially got my perma-grin back and can enjoy riding around town inexpensively (filled up at the pump with my truck the other day--$40 gave me 1/2 a tank...:eek:).

So thanks all for your patience and guidance. You all know how frustrating it can be when your MB's not running. I love this site!

Ride on!
Jared

Back