Engine not engaging after removing flower nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorman1

Local time
3:01 AM
Hi there I am new to this forum, and not even sure where to post this, I found a thread similar and it seemed to be similarly to the issue I am having. But I still could not resolve it.

I just today took the flower nut off to file the sprocket down a bit as my chain had been jumping. I also Greased the chain, and added a little to the clutch bar and on flower nut since I was in there.

I put the flower nut back on along with the small washer like piece that was in there, but now the engine just rolls a bit with not much tension, when the clutch is not engage. When I try to turn it over it spins the tire and the shaft I suppose. But it does not even act like it is turning over I don't get that sound from the motor when it is trying to turn over.

I put the flower nut on tight as I could with out thinking I would damage anything. I did this by sticking a screw driver I the sprocket at the same time ratcheted the nut down. But as was mentioned by the other individual my clutch pin, is sticking out much farther now then before. I can still get the clutch plate on and pull clutch lever. Yet the bike acts as though the clutch is already engage a little by not having much resistance when trying to roll.

I am not sure what I should be doing that I am not..

first question would be whether the two woodruff keys are still in place at each end of shaft

Simplest explanation is you need to pull the clutch in a little while you tighten that flower nut if you hadn't done that already. You can't just tighten it as far as you can without pulling the clutch in or the clutch bar thats on the other side of the motor that the wire connects to. There are many YouTube videos on how to properly tension the clutch plate and flower nut. Good luck pretty easy after you understand why it does what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back