Engine not getting fuel

wan37

Local time
11:47 PM
New engine won’t start it seems like not getting fuel. Plug is dry but carburetor bowl has fuel. What’s a helper for it to start getting fuel in the engine. Cleaned carburetor also new style Nt. I also checked for spark with a spark plug tester it’s getting spark.Any help I would appreciate it.

Put some mixed fuel in a old windex type squirt bottle, then spray 2-3pumps into carb opening & try starting. Repeat if necessary. The other thing to check is make sure float is not full of fuel. If there is fuel inside the float, the float is bad.

I check that last thing I did while cleaning carburetor and put it back on still no start . I’ll spay some mix in it tomorrow morning. Thanks

Hopefully you don't have a good sized air leak somewhere. If there is fuel in the bowl then that brings the issue back to one of 2 possibilities. An air leak between the carb and cylinder strong enough that it can't pull enough vacuum on the carb to draw enough fuel/so lean it can't fire, or a blockage in the jet or emulsion tube.

Back