engine not sparking ive tried everthing

ae86lad

Local time
11:09 PM
i have a 2 stroke 66cc kit that is not sparking ive swaped the cdi, magneto, plug with my friends parts and still not sparking, its gettin petrol theres loads of compression, its gettin air, and the kill switch isnt wired anyone have any ideas

i have a 2 stroke 66cc kit that is not sparking ive swaped the cdi, magneto, plug with my friends parts and still not sparking, its gettin petrol theres loads of compression, its gettin air, and the kill switch isnt wired anyone have any ideas

Do you have it wired correctly, did you invert the magneto when swapping the two out. Will yours work on your friends bike? Plug wire from the CDI??

it wired correctly and the magneto is on right ill try a few of my parts on his bike thanks for the advice

if you switch the wires by accident then you gotta try a number of things.. first connect the kill switch and try holding it while peddling to see if you get spark... if you do then reverse the wires .. i had to do that cuz i think i messed up my coil pack.. but mine still runs right now...

I have had a very, very, very ,very very strange experience with the electrical side of engine operation.

My second engine would only run with the blue wire connected to the black wire and the other two wires connected the same way.
The engine ran terribly bad; it made no power, hardly even was able to push the bike along without me pedaling.

I spent 2 days swapping over all the electrics (new magneto, new CDI, new throttle kill switch) and flipping over the magnet and relentlessly cleaning the carburettor and changing sparkplugs but it would still only run with blue wire connected to black wire.
In the end i took the bike down to the retailer where i bought the engine and the shop mechanic spent the next two hours swapping over all the (new) electrical parts for new parts that were sitting on the shelf and a whole lot of swearing and buggerising around (even taking the electrical parts of his bike that worked correctly and swapping them onto my engine) and trying everything, including flipping over the rotor magnet.

Same thing happened every time (only ran with blue wire connected to black wire) - strangely, the electrical system never showed any sign of weakness and always had a strong electrical spark.
In the end, the shop owner gave me a new engine, and upon assembly in the bike, it ran perfectly with blue wire connected to blue wire and black wire connected to black wire.

The only thing that was never changed over was the rotor magnet, but i refuse to believe, and so did the shop mechanic that a magnetised rotor magnet creating a strong spark could be faulty.

To this day, i have no idea as to what the heck was going on with that engine.

Fabian

Last edited:
Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's worth a dang.

The wires could of been attached incorrectly from the factory.

How to make sure the wires are correct and correct instillation of the magneto.
Take the magneto and stand it up on the fingers (the open end down).
Look down on the magneto and you will see that the coil itself is offset.
Turn the magneto so as the most protruding part of the coil is on the right. That side will be up when installed.
If wired correctly the blue wire will be on top and the white wire will be on the bottom, and the black terminal will be attached to one magneto machine screw.

On my bike I have only 2 wires...the blue and black..the white is removed. I also upgraded both the wire size and quality.

Quote "Turn the magneto so as the most protruding part of the coil is on the right. That side will be up when installed."

I worked that out fairly quickly because i tried to flip over the magneto and it didn't work due to the offset, so this possibility can be eliminated.
Anyway, the shop mechanic had never seen anything like it in all the time he had been dealing with these 2-stroke Chinese bicycle engines, and i'm not exactly a novice.
From what i gathered, that particular engine went straight in the metals recycling bin, along with all the other engines with blown big end bearings.

Fabian

my bike has to have the white wire connected to the blue or black wires.. and the green one to the ground.. try the white one ..and do it one at a time.. might help you but try doing the different combos when the plug is out.. so you can see the spark. if there is one.. i just usually keep touching it if it is day time.. then i will know it is working. i will post my wire diagram but i have the silverhorse from bikeberry.

Back