Engine Trouble Engine not starting no matter what

So I checked the carb float and it was 15mm so I adjusted it to be 21mm and I still couldn't get it to start. I did get a lot of powerful sputters though, but nothing that kept running.

Correction, I realized I put the cylinder head on backwards, so after fixing that and trying it again it sputtered constantly but it wouldn't keep going. It's so close! I switched the fuel ratio back to the original instead of lean and it didn't make a difference. Any ideas?

You can put the cylinder head on in either direction. However, if you changed it and noticed a difference that might indicate that the head is leaking air.

I sealed it off though, so I'm not sure how there could be a leak. It's like constantly sputtering.

I sealed it off though, so I'm not sure how there could be a leak. It's like constantly sputtering.
Okay, if it will kick but just not stay going, I would guess a fuel issue, probably the carb, do you still have it on the leanest setting? You could try it on a richer setting just to see if it will still kick.

Okay, if it will kick but just not stay going, I would guess a fuel issue, probably the carb, do you still have it on the leanest setting? You could try it on a richer setting just to see if it will still kick.

I tried moving 1 lower and it was about the same, I'll try to put it to an even richer setting.

So I tried it on the richest setting and at high RPM, it feels like it's going but then the second I stop pedaling it cuts out. Like I said I sealed the head gasket so I don't think it's even possible for there to be a leak there.

Back