Engine Trouble engine not starting

S

sk8freak8989

i finaly got my bike together but it wont start. i checked prity much every thing on it and every thing is working properly. does any body have any clue about what could be wrong.

1.) Do you have spark?
If so, then put a few drops of fuel into the carb throat, or alternately the spark plug hole (while you got the plug out checking for spark). Does if fire but not stay running? Time to check the fuel flow....can you see it in the fuel line/filter? Did you push the "tickler" on the carb? If you have fuel and spark, all you need is air.

2.) No spark? check all connections and make sure you hooked everything up right. Still no spark? Call the seller (dealer).

3.) If you have fuel and spark, all you need is air. Is the air filter blocked or closed off in some way?

i have spark and there is gas in the carb. the engine is turning over but not firering.

already checked the wireing. did any of yours just take a really long to start.

sk8freak8989 said:
i have spark and there is gas in the carb. the engine is turning over but not firering.

Put a couple of drops in the spark plug hole and give it a shot....if you have gas and spark, you should have fire....unless it's not getting enough gas.

i already tried puting gas into the cilinder and i tryed it with and with out the choke.

Not Starting.

If you have spark, and you have fuel, and it is still not starting, then..The only thing it can be is that you have the black and the blue wires from the mag to CDI reversed. That puts spark 180 degrees out of phase and it will not start.

But..But..Keep in mind this. You can have a weak mag that will show spark with the plug removed, but when the plug is replaced and under compression, it will not spark.

Back