Engine only recommendations?

Here is a picture of my CDH steel sleeve engine, the other reason I like them is, they come with a decent head that aids in cooling.
20211003_181227.jpg

Heres a picture of the cylinder off of one of the 100cc steel sleeve engines. You notice the dark gray round part of cylinder, that's the steel sleeve part of cylinder.

Attachments

• 20211012_092441.jpg
    20211012_092441.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 110
Alright... my next question is what carburetor would be best to use with this engine? I have a speed one now. I know some of them have different bore sizes... and I don't know how to hook them up if the size is different.

Alright... my next question is what carburetor would be best to use with this engine? I have a speed one now. I know some of them have different bore sizes... and I don't know how to hook them up if the size is different.
I like the rwj-4b tillson carb. Perfect venturi size for torque on these. An the are only like $25-30.

The hs-254b will work on both a 66 and the steel sleeve. They start falling flat if you widen the ports on the steel sleeve. They work great if you leave it stock and only clean the ports up. On a 66, they work for stock, mild, and moderate mod, an work really really good!!

Huh, what do you need to fit it on there? Do you use an air filter?

Pocket bike filter and water sock. I just chopped the tube off the plate on a g2 reed. Added the holes in it for the carb bolts, and the hole for the pulse port ( its on the intake side of the carb, no need for an extra line). I reamed out the velocity stack to match the carb bore, from a pocket bike and added the holes for the bolts so it was out of the way of the choke arm.
carb.jpg

It would work with some modifications. I've heard good things about the bofeng carb, & I think they make a intake manifold that fits it. So it would be all bolt on. Maybe some one here knows the answer to that thou.

Back