Engine opinions/Vendor question

You video is another example of what i have described before about the concept of reliability.

Your bike didn't even travel 2 miles and the bike started falling to pieces, which is not dissimilar to rides i have been on with other people claiming their bike to be reliable.
At that rate you wouldn't have even half a snowflake's chance in hell of surviving "any" of my cycling tours, let alone climbing hills that need to be ascended.

Pass - next video please.

your answer was highly predictable :)

did the engine itself fall apart? explode? die? fail? stuff its conrod bearing? overheat?

no. i had to stop due to an unfortunate, but highly amusing incident :giggle:

if i really had wanted to prove the point...i wouldnt have posted that video :rolleyes:

it was, i admit...an excellent demonstration of murphys law :)

anyways.

some of us will spend a fortune on our 66cc engines.

some of us will just strap in a 48 and ride it, ride it...and ride it some more...

to the OP....make your own decision ;)

Alright you 2 there's only 1 way to settle this. Meet at the track 7 sharp tomorrow and may the best bike win. Loser eats crow and no excuses!

lol :)

the problem is, its like chalk and cheese...

i go fast, and cover a lot of KM from necessity.

fabian goes slow...and covers a lot of KM. for recreation.

miles, whatever. we both cover a lot of ground!

for the OP, as he is new, and hasnt read every single post... (our argument has gone on for some time now)

i had one 66, it lasted all of five minutes. not once, in the two weeks i bothered with it, did it get me to work.

now, the 48's...ive tampered with quite a few, ive modded quite a few...ive killed almost all of them too :) (ooooh, it rhymes!)

but all deaths are due to operator abuse or unforeseen incidents... the biggest one being a five hour port job destroyed by one tiny piece of steel coming loose...aka, the ring locating pin. mind you, it was running when i pulled it apart and discovered this. because i was about to port it some more!

these types of failures are depressing, heartbreaking, unavoidable...and make one realise that if a 48, untouched, can be reliable enough not to have ever carried tools (due to video and realizing why i see so many 700c-tyre-riding-M.A.M.I.L.'s doing roadside tyre repairs that may soon change if i stick with this current frame:giggle:) while every 66 owner is constantly trying to "patch up" major design faults with the ENGINE ITSELF by throwing money at them... that maybe the 48 is a superior design, if a bit smaller.

no. i remain biased.

but the decision is not mine to make. tis the OP's.

let HIM make the final choice, based on any advice, evidence, or...whatever :)

hey, my horoscope today said i like to argue. tis true :) agreeing with everything gets rather boring :giggle:

gotta admit...the thing was hooting along until that freaking hole in the road ;)

Pre-built from Bicycle Motor Works

I bought a "Knight Rider" pre-built from bicyclemotorworks.com. It's a Huffy Nel Lusso (I know now!) with a 66cc. I threw down an extra hundred to have the ports matched. I'm not the most informed buyer nor am I very mechanically-minded, thus the pre-built for my first bike. The bike wasn't listed as a Huffy, and knowing what I know now I wouldn't advise it as very good for a build, but I'm pleased by the reliability of the engine/parts & speeds. I get it up to about 30-32 mph. I quit collecting data on how many miles I've run it, but I'd guess over 300 so far. I was also pleased that it came with what I think is a Manic Mechanic sprocket instead of a rag-joint setup.

If you are going to submit videos, do us all a big favor and at least hide your "bicycle" helmet. Operating a vehicle at 20+ mph with a foam toy that wouldn't protect you from a 10 mph fall does nothing but make everyone look bad. I don't care if is legal it's just not safe and if you wish to do it don't make a video and brag about it. Buy a real helmet with some of that money you are saving on motors

many states do not require a helmet on motorcycles that go way faster than these - many folks from those states feel like just going & slapping the sissy out of folks in the helmet states

time to 'man up'

If you are going to submit videos, do us all a big favor and at least hide your "bicycle" helmet. Operating a vehicle at 20+ mph with a foam toy that wouldn't protect you from a 10 mph fall does nothing but make everyone look bad. I don't care if is legal it's just not safe and if you wish to do it don't make a video and brag about it. Buy a real helmet with some of that money you are saving on motors

Thank you

NOW I know what I look like out there and am off to the motorcycle shop for a REAL helmet

I've been building these bikes since 2008 and have at times ordered different 2 stroke kits......What I've learned is that all of these kits are basically the same...Don't believe the advertising & hype , it's more or less bull ....buy the cheapest kit you can find then take all of the studs out including the head bolts and put blue locktite on all studs before even attempting to install any kit....I ordered 5 Skyhawk kits from King's once and the kits came with a bicycle chain for an engine drive chain....which breaks immediately

In reference to the video: I learned first hand that skinny rims/tires are just asking for flats. These bikes are heavy and cruising at 30 mph. You will get flats!

Big balloon tires (1.95 inches or larger) with puncture resistant tubes: that's the way to go!

=Timbone=

Back