Engine options?

supertrainguy

Local time
6:29 PM
Hi, I'm looking to build my 2nd motor bicycle. I got this bike for $99 on clearance.

I was wondering what my engine options are.
I'm thinking I'll go jackshaft since it has disc brakes. That is, if it's even possible to put a motor on it.

It is a 29" wheel bike, seat post is 11" long from bottom of V to top rail. I'm really wanting to go 4 stroke too.

k2-_969c156e-0474-4d7b-b5a0-66fa7e0731dd.v1.jpg

I don't know of Any 4 strokes that would fit in there. You could hard mount one to the top of the rear wheel but that's the only way that I can see a regular 4stroje to go on it. There are some specialty one that "Might" work but you are looking at prices starting Way outside regular hobby prices.
A 2 stroke with an offset intake could work. You might want to try looking up dimensions of a motor and do some measuring before you buy anything.
Nice bike for $100. I got a Kona Cinder Cone from a local pawn shop in Great shape for the same price. Always looking at the pawn shops. :D:D

I am pretty sure a 2 stroke won't fit the head /spark plug will hit the frame not to mention muffler and carby but those 2 can be moved. We got those bike here all the same but diamondback brand about $130 new at k mart or big w

If a 2 stroke fits a bike with let's say 2Inc clearance around it then a 4 stroke won't fit it needs twice that at lest. Thay are a bit bigger and twice as wide but 10 times smoother to ride

I think you could fit a 2 stroke in it, but it's going to be tight. you'll need an offset carb and some trickery with the pipe routing. no way in hell are you getting a jackshaft in there too.

Nar when I sore them in the shop it's close but no cigar. But I have noticed a lot of good looking mtbs for sale cheap for $100 here you get really good rims and forks but the frame is usually aluminium and funny shape for the motor to fit in well same as that bike in the pic. Some down hill thing the kids are in too lol

Thanks for the replies. I've decided I'm going to just use a different bike to put a motor on.

Will a HF 79cc fit in this frame?

I know IF it will, I'll remove the gas tank and muffler to mount it.

20160529_153536.jpg 20160529_153558.jpg 20160529_153608.jpg

EDIT: Would it be better to mount it this way?

20160529_162924.jpg

Last edited:
Back