Engine question

Don_Parsons

And long down hill runs too...

Ive been cheating on the long mountain descents...

I crank the throttle wide open,,, and hold the kill button in,,, when I find a spot too fire it up,,, I let off the throttle,,, get off the kill switch,,, zap the throttle a few times,,, then repeat...

This is the fastest kooling going,,, the bearings love the oil/ gas mixture... Ha...

Im geared down to 7 too 9 mpr on the long up hill pulls,,, I get to a spot that has the least grade,,, turn around,,, and do a open throttle/ kill switch part-way """slow descent""",,, it kools it down a little bit...

Park in the shade,,, enjoy a coffee break...
It might take me time to go up too the """zero""" tree line,,, but it sure saved the power plant...

Ive been seriously considering Coleman air mattress pump that runs on Four Double D-4 batteries...
They move alot of air in 5 too 8 minutes,,, the air pump will run for a long time in spurts... just under 1 lb... About 4 hours running time...

$20... I use it for rifle barrel kool downs too...
14 years on that old pump... Ha

The double D batteries is a good idea,,, leave the bike electrical system out of the equation 👍

For those of us that run hot...

Don

wan37

Also does anybody know the temperature that they should be or shouldn’t be.

Don_Parsons

Best frugal air kooling pump going...
Its a must on the slow up hill climbs...

That and shooting a F class match...

Our Heavy barrel rifles are smoken hot after a 30 shot string too the 900 meter mark...

Coleman 4D Quickpump | Walmart Canada

This is 1450 yards too the 12" gong 👍
Screenshot_20200629-204158_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200629-204212_Photos.jpg

The gong on the left is 12",,, the gong on right is 36"...

Lol

the coalman pump allows me to keep the string timeline tight...

Less chance of wind and temperature changes threw the day...

Either your in or your not...

Cannon balls awayyyyyyy...

Don

Wrench

450 degrees running,,, 500 degrees for short stints 👍

safest maximum cylinder head temperature
I find it interesting the guy used a graph for an airplane engine.
!st graph is about a Pratt and Whitney's Radial 4 stroke engines Safe max cyl head temps

This is a China Girl Head
DSCF2127.JPG

This is a Pratt and Whitney Head
DSCF2123.JPG

The Made in USA aircraft engine aluminum is a better Quality than a China Girl aluminum

Whens the last time you took your engines temp riding at top speed with a temp gun and be accurate?
How the hell are ya gonna know if your M/B is running @ *450F to *500F for short stints?

I think the guy who wrote that article just wanted to put gas on his engine and set it on fire :ROFLMAO:
Yes we all know, when your engine catches on fire it's too hot :ROFLMAO:

DSCF2121.JPG

Attachments

Wrench

From a graph about airplanes,
What is considered a short stint or a short period of time? 30sec, 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min, 15min or what?
We all know your M/B engine will get the hottest when at idle, stop lights can be 3 mins. and airplanes don't stop at stop lights.

GreasyChris

With a stock head on a hot summer day 385°f is acceptable. Cooler is better. Performance goes down as temperatures go up. With a big aluminium after market head you'll run a lot cooler and have better performance.

Wrench

I imagine going up long hills might be considered a short period of time.
But trying to climb a mountain the bike would probably overheat.