Engine question

Also does anybody know the temperature that they should be or shouldn’t be.

450 degrees running,,, 500 degrees for short stints 👍

safest maximum cylinder head temperature

I find it interesting the guy used a graph for an airplane engine.
!st graph is about a Pratt and Whitney's Radial 4 stroke engines Safe max cyl head temps

This is a China Girl Head
DSCF2127.JPG

This is a Pratt and Whitney Head
DSCF2123.JPG

The Made in USA aircraft engine aluminum is a better Quality than a China Girl aluminum

Whens the last time you took your engines temp riding at top speed with a temp gun and be accurate?
How the hell are ya gonna know if your M/B is running @ *450F to *500F for short stints?

I think the guy who wrote that article just wanted to put gas on his engine and set it on fire :ROFLMAO:
Yes we all know, when your engine catches on fire it's too hot :ROFLMAO:

DSCF2121.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF2120.JPG
    DSCF2120.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 125
From a graph about airplanes,
What is considered a short stint or a short period of time? 30sec, 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min, 15min or what?
We all know your M/B engine will get the hottest when at idle, stop lights can be 3 mins. and airplanes don't stop at stop lights.

With a stock head on a hot summer day 385°f is acceptable. Cooler is better. Performance goes down as temperatures go up. With a big aluminium after market head you'll run a lot cooler and have better performance.

I imagine going up long hills might be considered a short period of time.
But trying to climb a mountain the bike would probably overheat.

Darn wrench I’ve knew they were air cooled engine but I was not thinking about over heating while idle. I had a darn senior moment and only 47 yrs old.lol

With a stock head on a hot summer day 385°f is acceptable. Cooler is better. Performance goes down as temperatures go up. With a big aluminium after market head you'll run a lot cooler and have better performance.
Yes going to get a head soon as I can. Was thinking maybe Fred will be selling them again.

Darn wrench I’ve knew they were air cooled engine but I was not thinking about over heating while idle. I had a darn senior moment and only 47 yrs old.lol
Think I'll invent a small electric M/B fan that comes on at Idle :ROFLMAO:
Your good, try not to sit at idle for more than 7 min. I have heard that 15 min is the max, but why?
I have managed to take my motors cyl head temp it's *325F @ 35mph @ *80F outside But when sitting at idle for 3 mins after a ride the head temp jumps up to *400F When I get back in the wind the temp drops back down to *325
I don't like to sit at idle either I try to be nice to my M/B

I used to run red lights when turning left Cause the magnetic sensors in the road for the traffic light wont pick up a M/B
Once I got stopped by a Cop for running a left turn red light and he suggested that I just go straight and and make a U turn
The Cop was Cool, I explained to the Cop about my M/B being too small to be picked up by the magnetic sensors.
Now when I'm riding my M/B if there are no cars turning left at the red light I'll just go straight and hang a U turn. It's kinda funny there is only a couple red lights in my area where I need to turn left and both lights won't work for my M/B.

Back