Engine Refuses to Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarcRaymond

Hi all,

I just received my 80cc engine kit yesterday from amazon, and installed it. Unfortunately the motor won't start, despite checking everything that I coud check and that was suggested either of this forum or on YouTube. Perhaps I've missed something..

1) I'm using a roughly 18:1 fuel/oil mixture. Apparently this might be too oily, but I should still be getting some kind of ignition with this mix (which I'm not).
2) I've checked the carburetor, and all looks well. The bowl has fuel, I have the choke up/on...I don't think there's anything else left to fiddle with.
3) Fuel is getting into the motor because A) the spark plug smells like gasoline, and B) I've observed gas dripping from the exhaust after peddling like a madman for roughly 100m with the clutch released (so gasoline getting pumped into the motor). I also think this rules out a vacuum leak in the carb (but correct me if I'm wrong). Also, the carb is well tightened onto the engine.
4) The motor makes the normal compression noises and so I don't think there's any issues with that.
5) The spark plug makes plenty of sparks. I've even tried reversing the wiring (blue to black instead of blue to blue etc) in case the magneto was reversed 180 degree. Either way, it doesn't ignite jack s**t once installed in the engine.
6) I unplugged the yellow and green wires from the kill switch in case they were doing causing problems.

So I'm at a loss..any help with this would make my day lol.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back