Engine revs high and cuts out when clutch disengaged

lukecanna

Local time
7:55 PM
Hi,
So I just installed a 45 degree manifold so my carby sits outside the frame. the new problem which I have incurred is that when I disengage the clutch the engine revs really high and sometimes (not all the time) cuts out.
Im pretty sure this is that the engine is receiving enough fuel. Am I right? if so how do I fix it

Hi,
So I just installed a 45 degree manifold so my carby sits outside the frame. the new problem which I have incurred is that when I disengage the clutch the engine revs really high and sometimes (not all the time) cuts out.
Im pretty sure this is that the engine is receiving enough fuel. Am I right? if so how do I fix it
Check the seating of the carb and intake, you had to of made a new leak on either the gasket or where the carb meets the intake.

Check the seating of the carb and intake, you had to of made a new leak on either the gasket or where the carb meets the intake.
I have made a new seal at the inlet and carb to manifold but i still have the problem where it is revving to high should i change the position of the needle or re jet?

typically, if you can't bring it down by adjusting idle screw, then it is a bigger problem than jetting

you did take off carb and look thru to see if slide comes all the way down didn't you?

I keep a spray bottle of water handy to cool bikes running on the bench - works well to spot air leaks too

wave my hand over top to see how much heat is rising off it - in winter I can see heat waves rising from my chair near the bench

important to cool top while getting bottom up to temp to see how it will take fuel as a cold crank will condense a lot out

Back