Engine revving on it's own?

Solux

Local time
12:14 PM
Hello all. So I recently got my bike running again, and went for about a 10 mile ride today for fun before this damn hurricane hits FL. Rain everyday next week! Bummer. Anyways, she ran solid, except I noticed one thing, at idle/stop lights, the engine was revving really high on it's own. Never experienced that before. What on earth could it be? I saw my fuel line was bubbling or something. I recently cleaned my carb and jets etc. Any advice would be appeeciated. Thank you.

Bubbling? Is your carb leaking fuel anywhere, like air filter or something. It may be foaming from vibration from the high revs. Did you try adjusting the pilot? maybe it got shaken in or something. Is your throttle stuck? Like, do you need to adjust the tightness maybe? Or your slide won't go down from debris?
Or an air leak like akutey just said, if you dont have an o ring try some electrical tape around the carb flange and intake manifold, i used that for a while and it worked, the electrical cable didnt melt just got hard and rubbery

Try putting some awesome sealer called (seal all)apply a nice wide strip on intake slide carburetor over it and twist it around then straighten carb tighten. It very good stuff . It’s gas and oil resistant.

Might be a pin hole leak in the fuel line itself or leaking air where the fuel line connects to the carb or fuel filter or petcock. Just possibilities and things to check.

Back