Engine running weird

an air leak could also make returning back to idle slow and create a lean condition. you can go to a longer intake for more low to mid, but don't do it just to solve the problem. carb might leak at the throttle cable. mount to intake, or intake itself at the gasket.
I'd tune the jet and or needle first if it's not a leak b4 changing parts out

Didn't see much smoke. I think I need a new head gasket I saw some oil residue around the top of the cylinder on the fin. It hasn't really been revving up on its own lately.

I would second checking for an air leak, and would probably clean the carb. It's easy and it has caused me issues out of the blue before.
I clean out the float needle seat and the main jet piece ( long brass one jet threads into).

I'm probably going to take engine apart see if the seals were installed wrong or if they're defective get a copper head gasket and the setup my neighbor has for intake.

i got a issue with my one of my bikes its running lean from a vacuum leak somewhere it wont idle at all at a low rpm could be one of the seals or gaskets no idea though still got to look into it and find out whats wrong has a 36 tooth and it pulls as good as a 44 tooth on my other bike though

I'm probably going to get one of the windowed pistons and use a reed valve. Going to get one of those rectangular slide carbs too. I think I'm like 900 ft above sea level or something but stuff doesn't seem to run well. I already got a 90 jet for the mikuni but I'm going to order a pilot jet before I try to run it.

i'm 1200 feet above sea level seems that running more rich seems to help more

Ok the carb needle is on the second from bottom rung and it seems to run a little better. I think that getting a zeda 88 pipe would help it breathe better though as it still hesitates to come down from throttle. I did notice more smoke from the exhaust. I also noticed I had to mess with the idle screw since it was idling kinda funky the engine almost died and I had to turn the screw in.

Back