engine size (50cc) - (80cc) is there a difference in power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

-=MaTEoS=-

ho guys..

at the end of this year im thinking of buying an 80cc engine for my bike.

atm i am running a 50cc and its really great! althout i dont like riding 30-40 km/h cause its just reving too much and i dont want to punish the engine.

with the 80cc.. is there a real big power difference?
like does it perform better without the need of those extra revs?
will it go up hills real easy?
and can you feel a power difference in the torque and speed of the engine?
like is its max speed a big difference?

please give information.. it would help alot in inding out if its worth investing money to buy a larger engine..

also one last thing.

is there a physical size difference? if so where? and what may affect the instalation onto the bike?

I don't have anything but 70cc(80) x3 but I have read that the big ones were for work vehicles like pedicabs and the like
They seem to have same speed but torque is where they shine ie: lots more "pull"
as for size they look almost identical and will fit same space as 48

55cc is my biggest engine. I'm running two 48's and a 45cc. hands down...my 55 is the s**t. Lots more low end (I pull a trailer) and a little more top speed. My 48's love to run wide open!
IMHO...you are not gonna hurt your 48 running wide open. (after break in, of course)

I have heard the workhorse theory about the 70cc, but never rode one....til Monday evening. there's a father & son here in town with King's 80cc bikes. the son (Justin) has stopped by a couple times and we've taken rides. If my 55 cc is the poop.....his 70 is the sooper poop! :LOL:
when I popped the clutch to start it, it pulled the front wheel off the ground. he's running a 50 toothed sprocket cause he off roads it & likes the wheely factor. it still runs 30+ mph. I gave it wide open throttle a couple times....no hesitation or bogging down. It really screamed!
I was really impressed. I didn't notice much vibration either.
I doubt that I run out and buy an "80", I still like my 48's best.
But at least now I can compare.

hey thats pretty cool!

hearing that they can pop the front tyre off the ground!
hmm maybe it shouldnt be such a surpris for me.

did that guy by anychance have a really light bike? was it pretty stock?

i dunno if you have seen mine but mine is a chunky bike real chunky.

hmm im looking forward to getting the 80cc at the end of the year. but here in sydney, australia your not aloud to have anything 0ver 50cc

but i think i will be able to get away wth it.

also for the break in period of a 48cc.. how long do you have to keep it under 25 for?

it says in the book i should keep it like that for 500 km.. but thats a long time.. and i think its a lil out of proportion that time.. and over exagerated.

what do you guys think?

also..

my spokes are begining to creek when i engage the clutch.. i think its a worry..
and im wondering if i can get larger guage spokes. or if there is a contraption that bolts the sproket onto the axel for instance to help support the force carried out by the engine.?

I broke a lot of spokes until I re-laced my wheel with 12ga spokes. Had to drill out the rim and hub to get them to fit but absolutely no problems since.

Moth

you can get an 80cc just tell the copers that its an 49cc thay cant tell the difference. i got stoped and i said 49cc and thay said ok its fine.

I believe that a member here (psugmog?) is selling stamped plates that say 48cc look through the buy n sell section its there somewhere
I bought a mag cover that is engraved 48cc and its passed 2 inspections haha :D :D

The speeds of the 48cc and the 80cc have only 4-5mph difference in them, but the real advantage of the bigger engine is the torque. I have a 80cc Happy time running on a light alluminium frame, with a modified exhaust pipe I can easily wheelie! bigger engine= more torque, so it is less punishing for the engine going up hills. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back