Engine speed

The Dellorto clones in my experience run a little on the rich side. If it's 4 stroking you may need a smaller jet. are you sure the head is torqued properly? What is the compression? None of this is addressing the gearing issue, but if you are losing power somewhere it could be the reason the engine won't pull the smaller gear. A good expansion chamber would be a noticeable benefit.

The Dellorto clones in my experience run a little on the rich side. If it's 4 stroking you may need a smaller jet. are you sure the head is torqued properly? What is the compression? None of this is addressing the gearing issue, but if you are losing power somewhere it could be the reason the engine won't pull the smaller gear. A good expansion chamber would be a noticeable benefit.
I did take out the half baffle in exhaust and what the oretation for the cylinder head spark plug should be pointingbin which direction

What about boost bottle

Can we start with the fact that an 80cc engine doesn't exist? Maybe he's just a little too new to these motors and doesn't recognize a different underlying problem...

What about boost bottle
No, just no. If you have a power problem then dumping a hunk of crap on the motor won't make it better unless it's litteral crap and you accidentally seal an air leak.

A 66 should turn a 38 without reluctance unless you are very very large or there's a problem with the carb or motor.

Have you looked for leaks? Even the ones you won't see until you pull a clutch or magneto cover?

Can we start with the fact that an 80cc engine doesn't exist? Maybe he's just a little too new to these motors and doesn't recognize a different underlying problem...

No, just no. If you have a power problem then dumping a hunk of crap on the motor won't make it better unless it's litteral crap and you accidentally seal an air leak.

A 66 should turn a 38 without reluctance unless you are very very large or there's a problem with the carb or motor.

Have you looked for leaks? Even the ones you won't see until you pull a clutch or magneto cover?
I find a leak under the engine no the screw I took off boost bottle and titghten everything but it still not a lot of power

I find a leak under the engine no the screw I took off boost bottle and titghten everything but it still not a lot of power
The only place a leak under the engine you'll find is in the crankcase gasket, if you haven't split the case to install the new gasket then the leak won't disappear.

Now I wonder why you think you have a leak under the engine? It's not really a common spot and of you just saw oil or gas dripping off the bottom of it then that's not a leak there, that's just gravity doing its thing probably.

Do you have access to a spray bottle and water? Or a can of lighter butane or brake cleaner even hairspray?

The only place a leak under the engine you'll find is in the crankcase gasket, if you haven't split the case to install the new gasket then the leak won't disappear.

Now I wonder why you think you have a leak under the engine? It's not really a common spot and of you just saw oil or gas dripping off the bottom of it then that's not a leak there, that's just gravity doing its thing probably.

Do you have access to a spray bottle and water? Or a can of lighter butane or brake cleaner even hairspray?
I can either get hair spray or brake cleaner I touch around gasket and it had oily gas on the area around seal

Back