Engine sprocket does not turn. Help a newbie out? =)

the questions don't seem dumb, but your learning style is lacking un-dumbness for sure...there's a whole web out there with basic & generic definitions. when you see something here that you don't know about, open another browser and search for the terms, then apply what you learn to the specific topic you're reading here.

"do your own homework" is the basic message...we've already done TONS of work for you by having this motoredbike-specific info here for you to freely access.

since 'van already mentioned manners, i won't mention manners again...

I really don't see how I lack manners. I say my please and thank yous. I'd rather not get into little bitter fights like this with you.

As for the prisoner of azkaban, that was a literary device called an allusion. I referenced another literary work, and worked it into what some might say, is a joke. The smiley face of a guy sticking out his tongue ( =P ), yeah, it was just a joke.

Ease up.

I appreciate the help ive gotten here though. Thanks

thank you for the literary lesson, however i was asking why you didn't just directly address 'van's comments(?)

i have no desire to "get into" it...at this moment i'm helping or blocking or watching or whatever else i have to do with our numerous new arrivals & every situation has it's own dynamics. these things aren't "fights" but established and practiced members telling it like it is, how we like to help (see, we get to make that choice)...you'll really have to get your basic theory where the basic theory is...our specific theory will then be much more useful to you.

mannners...of course you've been polite, i wouldn't bother personally helping if it were otherwise...however, if i come to feel as if you're about "get running and get gone" (read: no social intro), i will lose interest. that's not a bitter statement, only an honest one. to illustrate: this topic's garnered the limited interest of only 2 other members beside ourselves...an average 1st-post "introduce yourself" gets about 8-10 hello's from the group, sometimes many more depending on the quality of the intro. my favorite intros are the ones that say "i built my whole motoredbike with the info on MBc without even registering" because it lets us know our system does work. so, no rule says you have to intro, but it would be good manners (IF you intended to stick) to say hi to the other folks who are watching, waiting, and wondering if they want to bother.

back to business. i'm interested in a detailed update.

i understand the clutch is working, the wiring is right...is it running yet?

you can learn much more from talking to me than any intro =) As for if I plan to stay after finishing my bike, probably. As long as I have an engine and interest in it, i'll be here. I didnt put a bunch of money into an engine just to throw it away in a couple of weeks lol.

The problem was that the clutch wasnt touching that little bolt that makes the sprocket turn freely. So I put a metal marble in there and it works now. All I have to do is super tighten the motor on. The thing is right now is that im mounting it on a road bike. The ones with small tires. The problem comes when the frame is too small and whenever I pedal the pedals hit the engine. So I moved the engine up the frame a bit and its just not staying in place. I was thinking of taking it to the autoshop class in my school tomorrow and drilling through the frame and into the engine to secure it into place.

I really cant tell if ive done this properly since ive never seen one of these in person working before. But as far as I have tell, it looks okay =D haha. I'll update you with more pictures maybe tonight. I gotta get ready for school.

yup, impatient, mechanically retarded adolescent teenager. Those darn hooligans. haha. Ill catch you around augi.

i would never get down on someone about a lack of experience, only the lack of direction and method (yes, patience isn't ever really learned)

funny thing, tho...you aren't all that bad a guy, only a bit forgetful of being in someone else's garage to borrow tools. it's just not good form to mess with the doorman, especially when he did give a good bit of his time to you.

the forum is available for your viewing, there is a "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. if you use the "registration problems" category, i'll get the message and we'll open up a dialogue.

Back