Engine sprocket does not turn. Help a newbie out? =)

Ah. I take it there's a bearing that rides between the lever and the clutch mechanism itself. I should have known. Makes perfect sense. Without a bearing the lever would wear. I should have caught that.

I don't know where you got your bike but on www.thatsdax.com he's got great installation photos and instructions. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of each page. I was in such a rush I missed the pics on carb assembly and made a fool of my self whining to Duane about how to install throttle, which I promptly broke.

On install page 2, Step 9 all the wiring is described. The kill switch is to the blue wire. I just opened up the bullet connector and slid the kill wire in, then crimped it back shut.

Don't do like I did and be in such a rush your bike breaks then you get to sit around for 2 weeks doing the reading you should have done in the first place while waiting for new parts to arrive. What a run on sentence that was.

Last edited by a moderator:
situations like this one aren't any fun for anyone. i understand the frustration and excitement, i hope y'all understand my need to remain firm about structure.

anyhoo...i've done this to see if it is doable: http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96

please encourage the public to participate...i'm trying my best to be a conscientious admin...maybe if a new person started in the "Guest Tech/Mech Help" forum it would eventually lead to a more conscientious new member...?

I just opened up the bullet connector and slid the kill wire in, then crimped it back shut.

thats exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. I wasnt sure if that was the way to wire them lol. I understood blue to blue black to black, but that didnt help me with HOW to wire them. thanks for clearing that up.

I glad it helped. My kill switch only had one wire. I had to sand the paint off the bars so when I pushed the button, it grounded. If yours has 2 wires, you'll need to find a place or screw to connect it for the ground. Now that I'm home I looked at the connection and I just opened up one of the flat pieces crimped on to the blue wire. Peeled it back laid the bare kill wire on it then folded the metal flap back down. Make sense?

The white wire is to power lights but if you search "lights" around here you will find most have little luck since the output is so low.
There's a lot of great info here and a lot of great people with much more talent than me, but I'm learning from them. Several neat lighting projects are going on now, read up.
I did notice from one of your pics.
Introduce your self and let the rest of us get to know you and make some good friends.

Back