Engine sprocket upgrades

Jwestie15

Local time
9:47 AM
Does anyone offer an upgraded engine sprockets the 10 tooth that came on my engine has tight spots which is important to me I run a jackshaft

I need one of these too.
Although I have not been able to save up for the Sick Bike Parts Shift Kit yet I can still see that it is necessary to have a decent concentric 10T engine sprocket (#410 to match the jackshaft sprockets).

So I found a slightly rusty old unused, supposedly Grubee, 10T #410 on eBay but idk if you can find those. :)
And anyway the keyway was smaller so I had to file that out with little diamond files and then I found out the hole was too small for the shaft too! :mad:
But that meant I could try to make the hole more central by opening it up unevenly.... o_O
Omg it is hard work and takes forever to file the hard steel with a tiny little file while checking it's roundness and concentricity every few minutes and working slowly to not flare the ends of the hole. :(
I gave up! :oops:

I guess I can go back to it. I would rather find one that actually works.

Group buy?
Could do but I'm non USA which is a bit of a pain. I'm sure I could though. So I'm in.

Did you talk to @Pablo at S.B.P.?
This came up in a past thread and that discussion ended sounding like they were going to get them in the future.. but it hasn't happened.

It does make sense to pay a bit extra to have a correct (concentric) 10T especially on a very short jackshaft chain where the ~2000 oscillations per minute would be felt much more.

Yeah I got this thing and after seeing it flop when it's not mounted it's got me sketched out. Seems like it would be something fairly standard till I stared looking for one hell if it was designed for #40 chain I'd be even happier

#40? Why?
Rotation is slowed down by the shift kit sprockets, so I'm pretty sure the chain load goes up.
That means if #410 or a KMC x9e is strong enough for the final drive then #410 chain (or an x9e) is easily strong enough for the primary chain.
IMO. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I got this thing and after seeing it flop when it's not mounted it's got me sketched out. Seems like it would be something fairly standard till I stared looking for one hell if it was designed for #40 chain I'd be even happier
415 chain makes a sturdy fit for Most primary clearences. It stretches a bit less aswell. Either 415 / 415h I dont use anything else...

ive used #40 and #41 on karts pocket bikes and mini bikes never had a break, but those have mostly been torquey low reving 4 cycles

ive used #40 and #41 on karts pocket bikes and mini bikes never had a break, but those have mostly been torquey low reving 4 cycles
410 chain is fine for stock motors or pedling but the bigger you go the faster you Blow!!!
More power / bigg er chain / less stretching / less side bend. I custom build my own chain plates , tensioners , and gas tank mounts.
My chain plates except Stock rear disc brakes without the need for hub adapters, top hats , shims , grinding , or any other custom extra parts!!! Been runing them for three years without prboblems. "The Truth Is Out There"
Does anyone offer an upgraded engine sprockets the 10 tooth that came on my engine has tight spots which is important to me I run a jackshaft

Back