Engine Starts Then Dies

DistantWolrld101

I know this engine works it was on a working bike that i rode all summer then i let it site all fall(drained of gas), i put it on a different bike with fresh gas new spark plug and different intake and spark plug.

I already checked spark and it has spark to point i can see clearly in day/Light
It has compression already checked
It is getting gas
i already tried putting gas directly in spark plug hole
i already tried with gas cap off
i also made sure kill switch was unplugged

The sound you hear at first is me pedaling then the change in sound it starting and me reving to keep it going, i am still pedaling when i quit the video is just before it dies.

i should also mention it is Winter here in michigan so 20-40*F weather

and yes i know horrible video

Last edited:

Frogslayer

Sounds like a stuck needle and seat valve. You'll have to remove the carb, remove the bowl and clean the gunk out of there. It's super common on float carbs that sit for any amount of time.

DistantWolrld101

I cleaned everything and switch back to stock intake and now when she goes to start i can get alot of pops out of her but she still dies out.

DistantWolrld101

You have to take out the little rod that holds in the tangs that the float operates.

i did clean it and i took it for another run, why i said i'm now getting the pops where it sounds like it is atleast trying to pick up

and i checked the spark plug again it was much MUCH wetter then it was last time