Engine Starts Then Dies

Frogslayer

Well you got fuel that's 1/4 the golden tri square to running. And spark was verified good... Sounds as though it has compression in the video. Maybe weak spark. Is there any rust on the magneto? Might have to take off the coil or magnet and clean surfaces with fine steel wool or scotch brite. Then re gap while you install. May have oxidized just a little from sitting?

DistantWolrld101

Its a new spark plug and i already checked for rust and i see none, also there is so much spark like i said i can see it in the day light with my lights on with a flash light pointed at it nice and bright.

I might try to get some starter fluid
i also might try to open the end of my exaust
and taking the filter off

Frogslayer

If you have fuel, compression, and spark, as long as everything is happening at the right time it should work. Is your new spark plug the exact same length as the old one?

DistantWolrld101

Yes my new spark plug is a NGK Non-Resistor B6HS 7534 and looks like spacing is the same also.

i even put on a tighter boot so it didn't wiggle around as much as it use to

Frogslayer

Could be really flooded as well. Go down a big hill and try to start with the choke off and throttle wide open for like a half a block. This will be the leanest mix you can put through it and will clean out excess fuel and oil.

Frogslayer

Most motorcycles run a resistor plug or resistor cap. This is to make the coil have to be at least that powerful to spark. This could be the case. Throwing spark in a compressed turbulent wet cylinder is a whole different story from throwing spark across the gap out in the dry calm atmosphere we enjoy.

DistantWolrld101

Could be really flooded as well. Go down a big hill and try to start with the choke off and throttle wide open for like a half a block. This will be the leanest mix you can put through it and will clean out excess fuel and oil.
I do this alot just without choke off i live on a place called websters hill the hill is very very HIGH and basically 90* straight shot and i get alot of speed going down why i was able to pedal so quickly

U

User 27079

They are fickle.
Mine has started and ran when it has been -6 degrees.

I know it's a booger to get these things dialed in,
but once ya do and can keep it there, it's a pleasurable feeling.

Frogslayer has led you in the right direction, but could you be having bearing seal probs?

U

User 27079

hmmm.. i once had an engine from ebay that sort of did the same thing.

i had to re-adjust the magneto armeture because the bottom was to close to the rotor magnet and the top to far spaced.

make sense?