Engine starts up, but when given throttle, it bogs.

DriftWood117

Local time
5:32 AM
Hi everyone, new here. I've got a BBR 80cc 2 stroke stage 4 with a high compression head and the aftermarket air filter. All and all, the whole kit has about 20 or so miles on it.

When I pedal down the street and dump the clutch, the engine starts up. But when given throttle it doesn't accelerate. I've tried tightening my throttle cable. I've changed out my fuel. Checked my plug to see if it was wet, in which case it wasn't. Checked to see if my chain was too tight(no such lol). My last guess in my throttle pin in the carb? Or maybe I need to jet it? What do y'all think? Lemme know what to research.

Welcome to the forum, since the engine starts have you tried letting it warm up? Some don’t run well till they are up to operating temperature. Try starting without the air filter on, if that helps you need a smaller jet. What does the spark plug color look like? The porcelain should be light brown, black is too rich, light gray is too lean. Nothing to do with oil ratio, this is fuel to air ratio.

I'll check the float in the carb. The color on the spark plug was in between black and brown. So I'm running a little rich on the air/fuel ratio. So I'll also do some research on how to jet my carb

Check the float in the carb, it might be stuck.
I'll check the float in the carb. The color on the spark plug was in between black and brown. So I'm running a little rich on the air/fuel ratio. So I'll also do some research on how to jet my carb
Also check the float itself to see if it has filled up with fuel...Many times, I have seen them brand new that do that because of a pin hole leak in the float allowing fuel to fill it and hold it down because of the weight of the fuel in the float.

Back