Engine Turning

I was trying out some engine turning on my new kit from Dax. This is a 65cc econo kit on an old bike someone gave me, I will do the paint and the like later. I am going to use a drop down tank, and some comfort bars. Let me know what you think? Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• PICT0070.JPG
    PICT0070.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 1,561
  • PICT0071.JPG
    PICT0071.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 735
OK I will list all the improvements so far. The engine is the Dax 65cc, I ported it all the way, thats raising the exhaust, more than it was from Dax, and they are using the 1.1" from the deck, the 1.1 is excellent is I just can't leave anything alone. I lowered the intake port 1/8" and removed the webbing from the scavenging ports. I am going to use a carb from a Honda, it is a 18mm butterfly carb, it will probably be on a Reed valve intake. I don't think I will use an air cleaner I want to use a Velocity Stack. I know it will take miles off the engine, but it looks soooo track racing. I think I am going to use the reeds from an outboard Evenrude. I advanced the ignition timing a full 10 degrees. I am going to use the drop down tank from Dax and make some panels to disguise it to look like one of the classics. I am going to make a springer front end out of two pares of forks, the second pare I will split the top tube and add the springs on the inside, something in the old Harley stile. I want to extend the bottom forks in the rear to give it a lower tracker look, and the paint I have not decided yet. What would you like to see? any ideas? I want to get a tubing bender and have some fun later, I will keep you posted. Have fun Dave
PS: The pics are the before and after porting the web out of the Scavenging port, and the other is one way to increase the port timing.

Attachments

• PICT0069.JPG
    PICT0069.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 510
  • PICT0061.JPG
    PICT0061.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 492
  • PICT0065.JPG
    PICT0065.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 485
ok Egor you beat me to the engine turning,but how did you advance timing?,did you recut key slot?,pic. please. louis

Rat Roder - Yes you guessed it. I did a full key, but I think that is a bit much. I think I will cut it down to half a key. I made a filler to keep it from slipping, and remember the engine rotates opposite of the wheel rotation. Is that avatar your car? I have a 29 Ford Roadster sitting on a 27 chev chassis, been in there for 20 years. Have fun, Dave
PS: Can you see it in there, poor thing.

Attachments

• PICT0077.JPG
    PICT0077.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 482
Added a hanging tank, what do you think? Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• PICT0100.JPG
    PICT0100.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 490
Egor,that tank is cool! changes the looks of the bike,And yes the avatar is one of my cars,a 29 modelA chassis with 27 body.louis

Back