engine tweeks to increase hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't reduce chamber size without affecting the integrity. You show me a guy who has a 9:1 compression HT and i'll buy you a harley davidson

0930090945.jpg

0908091552.jpg

0908091605.jpg

buy my first build back for me
IMG_1658_jpg.jpg

wow, did you do that head mod yourself? i have an arc welder, can you make a thread with some sort of tutorial of how to do this, im sure it would be greatly appreciated bu many many people. any actual compression/psi numbers you can share with us?

you cant do it with an arc welder. it's pretty straightforeward with a tig though, weld it up and grind it out. that particular head produced 140-145psi depending on the amount of kicks. but there was too much heat buildup with the stock fins. i ended up going with a head off another application. minimal "adjustments" were needed, and it has huge fins. the exact application will be a secret until after the death race.

DSC01440.jpg

haha wow looks like thats a well worked on engine, dual carbs and all. although i would go walbro if you plan on winning the race. custom exp chamb. too? aww what a shame your running that beast single gear!

I think someone has been called out. LOL. There are a lot of heads that could be made to work on the Happy time engine. I was going to look for a Hodaka head myself. One thing that has been pointed out here is that there is insufficient fins for cooling. I have made that point numerous times in my posts. I have a link to a source for heads. I think that if the bolt pattern is slightly off it could be made to work with a little ingenuity. Most small two strokes use the same pattern, or close. Have fun, Dave

https://www.1977mopeds.com/parts/Engine/CyH0/Cylinder-Heads/

I like the looks of that combustion chamber! I like the price of there parts. I would love to find a crankshaft that would go into the happy engine. I could make the ends up on my lathe. Glad to hear that you found something that you like from them. have fun, Dave

lathe? jealousyy... hey if you look on the intake section of engines, there are a bunch of different reeds. i cant tell well from the pic but are there any that would be easily adaptable to go on an ht?

is the puch 70cc head a bolt on replacement for the 70cc HT motors or did it need to be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back