Engine wear

Jaycee604

Local time
8:42 AM
Installing some new jugs on my bikes. Should i do some sort of break in period for them? Or is that just for piston rings and the bottom half?

Oh and while you are in there, might as well get the gudgeon and gudgeon bearing for good luck.
I have the gudgeon bearing coming at a later date. The engine is only a three months old so i prob wont replace that. Im putting a new jug because i think i messed the ports up (first jug i ported) should i use the old rings? I have a new pair ready to put it.

I have the gudgeon bearing coming at a later date. The engine is only a three months old so i prob wont replace that. Im putting a new jug because i think i messed the ports up (first jug i ported) should i use the old rings? I have a new pair ready to put it.
Yes new rings on a new cylinder is a must.

Okay cool, i ll save that cylinder for a backup along with the same rings? I like to have backups of parts
I have a few back up parts too. A 5 foot tall filing cabinet and two cupboards full of stuff and a half a wooden closet full. Just a few odd's and end pieces, ya know. Back up motors, cranks, gaskets galore, throttle cables, jets, carbs, pistons, jugs, keys, pins, covers, sprockets, etc. I haven't even mentions the stuff hanging in baskets and off the wall. lol. This hobby is more a lifestyle.

An after all these years, I just got into 4 strokes kits. That section will be growing exponentially as well. lol

Rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Im 1700$ deep into this new hobby, i just accepted that theres more to come lol
$1700, that's it? That was my first bike build. I'm tens of thousands into this hobby. lol. An spending more all the time. I've been making bikes with motor kits for about a decade now, so you have time to catch up. lol

Rather not catch up, im happy with my three bikes. I make them for other ppl as a side job. May i remind you i live in canada. They really dont like these on the road and id rather not have a 2000$ bike taken away and get a ticket. Lol i ll stick to my classic kuwahara, 55kmh is good enough for me. Waiting for parts is slowly making my hairs turn white too haha

Back