Engine White Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard many different explanations for the white wire coming from the 2 stroke engine.
Most all say don't use the White Wire cause the small coil can't support an accessory and will rob power from the engine.
But a lot of people have a different explanation for the white wire and what it was for.
Her's a few.

1) To power a 6v light, Just hook white wire to light
2) To charge a 6v battery through a Voltage Reg and power a 6v light
3) White wire is to be hooked to the kill switch
4) White wire is low voltage
5) White wire is high voltage
6) White wire used to be hooked to a separate coil for an ignition pick up, but now its just hooked to the main coil and confused for an accessory wire.
7) White wire was hooked to a separate coil to power accessory's But China never installed extra coil.

I'm asking this because I'm just curious If anyone knows for sure or dose anyone got any more theories of what the white wire is for?
Some engines and many new main coils,(mag, stator) for sale don't have a white wire.
I don't own a 2 stroke I'm just curious.

I kinda think it was suppose to charge a small 6v battery through a voltage reg and power lights. That makes the most sense to me. Maybe there were plans for a separate coil to make it all work? But you know China, to save a penny someone changes the plans and screws everything up :LOL:

Anyone care to comment on the White Wire?
So technically what you're saying is that if you connect the white wire to the red one it could possibly help the ignition because the white wire is for 6 volt accessory

So technically what you're saying is that if you connect the white wire to the red one it could possibly help the ignition because the white wire is for 6 volt accessory
The white wire is so low power it is basically useless...Most of the newer kits coming out now do not even include it anymore, and if they do, it basically draws off spark power from the spark plug if they even think of running anything else off of it.

Most folks just clip it off from where it attaches to inside under the magneto cover in this day and age, same as I do.

Attaching that wire to the red one is not going to "help" the red one at all.

Nope, not what I'm saying at all, I was just pointing out what others had said and asking the Question, White Wire?

The main answer is don't use the White wire

No, If you hook up the white to a light .... It takes away power from the the cdi box = weaker spark
I hooked my white wire up to a single light and grounded to to the frame and I hoped on and took off tryed to start the motor but it would hit a lick however when I unplugged the wire going to the light it started right up no problem

The white wire is soldered on to the same lead as the blue or red as your case may be. Makes no difference other than doubling the thickness which in such a short run will make no change at all.

You are just taking limited power and directing it somewhere else robbing the limited system of power trashing the ability to deliver an effective spark.

I'm sure others will have a less wordy explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back