Engine White Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, We're not in Russia and these motor are from China... So that's useless info

Yea the coil is ac so ya gotta change it to dc with a ac dc relay then use a voltage reg and power a battery to get the lights to work properly. but it would still need a separate coil to charge the battery at a low voltage. A separate coil wouldn't rob power from the motor.
If ya look at a 6 pole stator only one coil powers the ignition and the other 5 power the accessories making 65 w
So I guess ya would need another coil Separate on the 2 stroke ac dc relay a voltage reg and battery

Yea I've seen that. There is also the mini gen system that has a reg and a battery.
It's a separate small coil that ya install and it powers a low voltage light it comes with a special battery and reg.
I don't have the link at the moment I'll look it up later- Gotta go -unless someone else gets the Mini Gen light system link for me.

It cant rob power from the motor cause it's a separate coil. But people always get it confused
The Mini Gen light system is kinda $$$

Yea that's kinda like it but the other one had a special 12v battery to power the lights that could be charged off the coil .
Their too small anyways the light wouldn't be very bright.
Better off using Rechargeable lion batteries to power lights

OK now that we got it figured out how to run a Light off the motor.
So I figure the white wire on the 2 stroke is a failure in design to even be on the motor. Unless ya use it with the kill switch.
I guess that's why Some engines and new main coils don't have a white wire. It's useless it only causes confusion.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for the input
I was just curious about the White wire and what ya all thought it might be for.
I don't even own a 2 stroke

Just a theory about the white wire was really used for.... there seems to be a 3rd wire that also happens to be white that comes out of the engine for 2 stroke mopeds and go carts with electric starts. I also think it could be for lights and stuff like that. If that is true, then the white wire is a constant wire. Constant wires are for ignition systems and accessory lights and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back