Engine wont run, so confused

DAmBike

Local time
3:59 AM
On the first ride the bike ran fine, but on the second ride it stalled and wont start. So naturally i checked spark, have it, then fuel, fuels getting to the carb, then compression, i have it, so what in the world is stopping this thing from running?? Oh yeah i read that sometimes a spark plug will spark outside of the cylinder but not inside, so I tried a different spark plug and there is spark.

how much compression? head bolts come loose a lot of times

I have seen a clogged main jet do what you are experiencing. To be on the safe side, take the carb apart and clean everything, especially the jet.

Thanks for the responses ill tighten up the head and clean the carb. THANKS:)

not understanding - did you screw main back in? - is plug getting wet with fuel? - how many pounds compression are there?

I took the carburetor apart and the main jet litterly fell out of the carb! When I checked the plug is was wet with fuel. I haven't checked compression yet. Ill do it tomorrow. It definitely has enough to slow you down when pedaling with the clutch engaged. oh yeah and i did tighten the head bolts

don't forget to dry the plug and check for wetness again now that jet is in

Pretty sure the issue just "fell" out into the light.
Funny how often those things just fall out, I don't expect they try to torque them at all at the factory, probably just quickly installes by hand and if you're lucky it's finger tight, more likely just a few threads screwed in and forgotten for the next in the line of a million, I'd be in a rush too.

Back