Engine Wont Run Unless Partially Choked

Okay I did the opposite of that and used starter fluid to see where it sped up. There were several areas around the carburator that were pulling in the starter fluid:
1) linkage for throttle control on top of carburator
2) seems like the bowl gasket is leaking too. Also there is a defecting the metal of the bowl (piece missing during casting)
3) back side or carburstor there is a brass plug where I think fuel air adjustment would be on a different model. Either the brass plug is leaking or the starter fluid is running down and getting sucked in at the carburator bowl.

Should I just buy another carb? They're $12.00 on eBay.
There should be a rubber boot over the cable to carb joint so it doesn't suck air through there.
Get a new carb Bofeng carb and cable to match.

Should I just buy another carb? They're $12.00 on eBay.
This is the one I always replaced the normal NT kit carby's with...far superior to the stock NT and is the same price...Built better, runs better.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Do that same air leak test around your magneto and crank drive gear (proper name help?). Opposite the magneto. I bet your crank seals don't like you after leaving it out in the weather so long.

I think on most engines, the crank seals are rubber of some sort. They like to pop out or break... If your engines sat, they might have developed a molecular bond with your crank shaft. When you spun your crank, the seals could have torn or popped out a bit. I don't know what I'm talking about though. I just stayed at a holiday inn express...

Okay, I've done that and the engine still won't run unless it's mostly choked.
Your super lean. If u need less air, u have a leak, and need to "choke the engine". This condition is quite dangerous and could lead to failure.

Do that same air leak test around your magneto and crank drive gear (proper name help?). Opposite the magneto. I bet your crank seals don't like you after leaving it out in the weather so long.
Small bevel gear

I have the same issue. If u figure it out please let us know, i been stuck with this for months

Back