Carby engine wont run without choke and advice for a new carb

manuel newsom

Local time
2:30 PM
just did a 100km and i realised it was on choke when i tried to remove it the engine wouldnt start, i cant really remove it while running because my fuel line is in front of it (im on a really tight frame i had to cut part of the filter to even fit it), i dont know what i should do maybe buy a new carb ? i saw these two kind of "velocity stack"-y and a more regular filter (i know its not the carb in itself but the intake) and since i bought a cheap kit i figured i would just upgrade it straight away

ps: im very sorry if its not easily readable english isnt my first language

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Try moving the clip on the slide needle down one slot. Test and repeat as necessary.
Check picture #9.

Well if it’s only running on choke you definitely need to lean that out. Bad gas? Clogged filter? Could be a bad carb but those stock carbys aren’t all that complex or expensive. I’d check the fuel first but buying a new carb won’t set you back a whole lot. I’m just if the opinion to try and figure out what’s wrong with it before I would replace it though. That’s just me. Some guys just replace the part. That’s a personal call there.

Well if it’s only running on choke you definitely need to lean that out. Bad gas? Clogged filter? Could be a bad carb but those stock carbys aren’t all that complex or expensive. I’d check the fuel first but buying a new carb won’t set you back a whole lot. I’m just if the opinion to try and figure out what’s wrong with it before I would replace it though. That’s just me. Some guys just replace the part. That’s a personal call there.
couldnt be bad gas or a clogged filter considering its the first time i run it and i went to te gas station to get new gas but ill try tuning the carb, thank you for the advice

l'anglais n'est pas ma langue maternelle

Tu parles français je crois ?

Sur la vanne à pointeau, il y a un clip "C" qui est dans l'une des 5 positions sur cette vanne à pointeau.

Commencez par placer le clip en deuxième à partir de l'encoche supérieure.

Assurez-vous que le flotteur n'est pas coincé/lié et qu'il n'y a pas de fuite de carburant à l'intérieur du flotteur.

Nettoyez ou remplacez la bougie et l'écart à 6 mm.

Assurez-vous de resserrer les quatre boulons à tête à un équivalent métrique de 12 pieds-livres, ce qui correspond également à 144 pouces-livres en mesures anglaises pour éliminer la possibilité d'un moteur en marche pauvre.

Pardonne à mon école secondaire de 50 ans française.

Bonne chance...DAMIEN

Back