Engine Trouble Engine won’t start again

Jakeytherider

Local time
4:19 PM
Today was my second time riding my 80cc beach cruiser and it was goin fine until I heard a loud pop and my engine died out. Now it won’t start. No mater how fast I go once I engage the clutch it just locks the back wheel. I Took the spark plug cable off to check that and pieces fell out of the head, a spring and a gold piece that was still attached to the spark plug I’m not sure if this has something to do with it but also there is oil splatter around the spark plug and on the engine. Is this normal? Someone please help. I took pics also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 141
Either your piston is seized up in the cylinder or you need to remove both side covers to look for damage.

Today was my second time riding my 80cc beach cruiser and it was goin fine until I heard a loud pop and my engine died out. Now it won’t start. No mater how fast I go once I engage the clutch it just locks the back wheel. I Took the spark plug cable off to check that and pieces fell out of the head, a spring and a gold piece that was still attached to the spark plug I’m not sure if this has something to do with it but also there is oil splatter around the spark plug and on the engine. Is this normal? Someone please help. I took pics also
That oil is from the exhaust gasket area, the gasket doesn't look to be installed right. You'll need a new one.

there is oil splatter around the spark plug and on the engine. Is this normal?
That oil is from the exhaust gasket area, the gasket doesn't look to be installed right. You'll need a new one.
Get rid of the stock exhaust gasket that came with the engine kit, they are junk.

Use this Toyota Highlander O2 sensor gasket instead, available at Toyota dealership or also at autoparts stores such as Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc.

Here is the current Toyota dealer parts#/stock#, for that gasket...89466-20020-83.

If you shop Autozone, Amazon, etc., its a "Dorman" brand part number ...Dorman 47021...

When installing this gasket, you will need to slightly elongate the holes that go over the studs/bolts...I use a slightly larger bolt to do this through those holes.

You will notice that this gasket has some metal affixed to both sides of the gasket...The side that has the most metal is what goes against the exhaust pipe itself...DO NOT use any gasket sealers with this gasket.

Also, If you find everything else is OK...Replace that junk Chinese spark plug with an NGK-B6HS plug.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back