Engine Trouble Engine won't start + chirping noise when I open the throttle

sapientpearw00d

Local time
12:46 AM
When I try to start my bike, the engine seems to turn over and start but won't respond to throttle and dies out once I stop pedaling. When I open the throttle, a chirping noise starts and gets louder as the throttle opens. It sounds like it chirps in time with the engine.

What's the fix? Tighten the head, replace the gasket? My washers are stacked with the lock washers between the nuts and the larger washers. This only started after I took the bike on a ride, perhaps that means the head wasn't torqued properly and it vibrated loose?
Head gasket is leaking. Be sure you have your washers stacked right. The short cap nuts only have 8 threads (M8 1.25 has 10mm depth). Torque is 144 in/lbs. When you take the head off, check the surface for nicks or roughness.

What's the fix? Tighten the head, replace the gasket? My washers are stacked with the lock washers between the nuts and the larger washers. This only started after I took the bike on a ride, perhaps that means the head wasn't torqued properly and it vibrated loose?
It was torqued down but a heat cycle loosen it up. Tighten it again.

It takes a while for the head and cylinder to settle in. Check the torque before and after each ride for a while till you get it broken in. I chased the torque around on my CNC head several heat cycles before it finally settled in.

Back