Engine won't start, runs only on choke and almost fully lean

Gasbike/Kings are both trash service, worse than bikeberry. I wish SBP sold engines since their service is great.

You will eventually get your stuff, but it will take forever. I ordered two kits on August 17th and they are not due for delivery until 9/6 and both showed as in stock. I contacted them to inquire what the deal was and was told they shipped it all on the 23rd(7 days after ordering when it said ships within 2) and they gave me a bs tracking number that just said "label created" for a week. Tracking number finally updated and it clearly said that Fedex didn't get the package until yesterday 8/30 with a 9/6 delivery :rolleyes:.

On a prior order Kings sent me a jacked up gas tank with rust inside and chipped paint, and when I emailed them pics they surprisingly responded within a day to wait 24-48hrs for tracking number once the damaged part has been approved for replacement...and that was 5 days ago so I'm not holding my breath.

Bicycle-engines.com is supposed to be great, with awesome prices, but they have been sold out for a while on the standard Zeda80 kits.
Zeda has a sale on pre orders for $109.00 to be in around 3rd week in sept. I just bought 5. 1 with a welded balanced crank for $145.00

Gasbike/Kings are both trash service, worse than bikeberry. I wish SBP sold engines since their service is great.

You will eventually get your stuff, but it will take forever. I ordered two kits on August 17th and they are not due for delivery until 9/6 and both showed as in stock. I contacted them to inquire what the deal was and was told they shipped it all on the 23rd(7 days after ordering when it said ships within 2) and they gave me a bs tracking number that just said "label created" for a week. Tracking number finally updated and it clearly said that Fedex didn't get the package until yesterday 8/30 with a 9/6 delivery :rolleyes:.

On a prior order Kings sent me a jacked up gas tank with rust inside and chipped paint, and when I emailed them pics they surprisingly responded within a day to wait 24-48hrs for tracking number once the damaged part has been approved for replacement...and that was 5 days ago so I'm not holding my breath.

Bicycle-engines.com is supposed to be great, with awesome prices, but they have been sold out for a while on the standard Zeda80 kits.

Damn, that's a bummer: I like their trust muffler; well, as long as the packages gets delivered, I don't mind; all my builds are characterized by being really slow and executed far from indiscreet eyes, so I get literally one piece at time.

I began to approach to Bicycle-engines since not so long ago, I might get a kit from them once they'll restock the kit, this built has been a mess

are you sure the stud is turning in the case rather than the acorn nut is turning on the stud - lots of folks have to replace those acorn nuts with open nuts to get the gasket to seal

I checked beneath the nut and the threats are ok, so it's definitively the stud to turn; an helicoiling will cost me again 30 bucks and I'm considering to sell this engine to someone that doesn't mind to have an extra motor around, and that's way more geared than me: For get this motor running I'll have to spend the price of a Huasheng 142-f motor.

It's pretty much a stock engine, beside the frontal studs, which has been removed and swapped with a pair of sturdier ones, the middle gap has been widened for accomodate a wider frame, despite that, the original stud lodgings are still present and it's possible to switch back to a tighter gap at any time, the white wire has been removed as well as the stock connectors.

The crankcase seal has been scrapped and switched with a quality gasket maker and all the parts in movements, clutch included, regreased.
It has this problem with the stud, if somebody is geared with helicoil tools it won't take any extra costs.

If DHL hasn't abominable prices, I'll try to sell it out (shipping included) at 100$.
I don't plan to get anything out of it, I'd need to rate a chinese motor at 170$ just for squaring out.

Helicoil it yourself! It is not hard at all and doesn't take any special tools. The inserts usually come with a simple tap and hand tool so you would just need a drill to enlarge the hole and some red thread locker. Amazon has cheap kits for like $15 with everything you need and a bunch of coils...with these soft cases you don't need and heavy duty expensive tools,

Plus, it is an extremely useful skill to have when assembling these things, along with a good ez-out/extractor set. There are guides online with videos that show how easy it is.

Since the aluminum in these engines is so questionable, why are more experienced forum members making recommendations to replace the HT fasteners with Grade 8 bolts/nuts/studs?

Is the the main complaint that the threads in the cases strip out?

I'd save some money and just get the basic plated metric fasteners. I will say that the nuts are all a bit wonky in my kit, if the studs are fair to middlin' I'm just going to replace the nuts, nearly all of the nuts wobble which indicates to me that they're suspect in their precision Fasteners should be fairly precisely machined.

The hardware is even worse than the cases, and they normally strip first which is why it is so important to upgrade them. The nuts and bolts both strip very easily, both on the threads and on the phillips heads.

I keep a jar of all the failed crappy ones from removal to show people when they ask why I charge a mandatory $15 for new hardware...I won't build em on the stock crap since when the inevitable repairs are needed, you don't want to be broken down and also fighting with stripped heads or threads snapped off in the cases.

Helicoil it yourself! It is not hard at all and doesn't take any special tools. The inserts usually come with a simple tap and hand tool so you would just need a drill to enlarge the hole and some red thread locker. Amazon has cheap kits for like $15 with everything you need and a bunch of coils...with these soft cases you don't need and heavy duty expensive tools,

Plus, it is an extremely useful skill to have when assembling these things, along with a good ez-out/extractor set. There are guides online with videos that show how easy it is.

I'm browsing on ebay right now, Helicoil is quite versatile and I really don't mind to have that extra tool around, I really hope that it's just the stud stripped and not the chasing, I'll give a check tomorrow, in these days I've been a bit busy for get the engine off again from the bike, afaik, helicoil threats makes the threats even stronger

Back