Engine won't start some hope???

inspectorcritic

Local time
7:05 PM
Just called Superior Engines in Denver, Colorado told him had a 66cc 4.5 HP GT80 told him tried 3 CDIs 3 Magnetoes 3 sprarkplugs damn thing won't run. He spit back over the phone with out hesitation it might be your shear key on the fly wheel may have sheared off preventing timing...! Well s**t makes sense I think its got to be something else. That goes to the shaft that spins the magnet. Can anyone show me a picture with arrows on which bolts to remove are there 4 to remove then the thing splits ih half or do I take out every bolt on the thing then do I need a stub puller to take off a couple fasters which is gonna be hard to find and expensive to purchase.

Open the cover at the front left side that's the magneto housing , if the woodruff key fell out it will probably be stuck to the magnet .

If the key is still on there take off the exhaust and move the bike until the piston is at the highest point it can reach (tdc) then check that the woodruff is at 1 o clock if its at 11 o clock your magnet is on backwards

what he said, but I'd also check if spark is there and problem is elsewhere - like is plug wet with fuel?

1 o'clock got it been watching some UTB looks to f***ing easy for all the agony been through got to find a wheel puller came with another bike kit hope some auto spply has it guess I'm gonna half to buy some files to grind down a piece of metal for a key also found out its an indicator keyway out by oil seeping out onto the engine one 42 veteran small engine mechanic told me your car has flooded you got an excessive amount of oil in the crankcase you gott get it out,I thought be head gaske wish I new that a couple months ago.

after fighting thru your version of english, it sounds like your rotor IS at 1 o'clock - in that case, your key is probably in there

Back