Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

Was the plug wet when you pulled it out of the engine?

try tapping on the float bowl with the handle of a screwdriver.

It's not the timing,the timing is fixed on these and all ready to far advanced.during break in the engine is tight and should only be run short heat cycles under load until it free's up.Re check head torque small leak there losses alot of power,set needle on the second notch from the top.you still could have a bad cdi or mag even when it still shows spark,use spark strength tester to verify.
I have not set the needle at all, I did see three or four notches so I will take that apart tomorrow and have a look.
I would love to break the engine in but I will need it to run first haha.
I already checked gasket and torqued down bolts f***ing tight.
the spark seems pretty consistent and strong, if it’s not timed right it will be igniting the fuel mixture and making the sound of an engine, as it does but not making any power hence why it only works as I’m pedalling.
that’s my hypothesis anyways

(I really appreciate the help regardless!)

Was the plug wet when you pulled it out of the engine?

try tapping on the float bowl with the handle of a screwdriver.
The carb is defo getting fuel I have a priming button which pushes the float down allowing the bowl to fill up. I made it come out the overflow on the air filter at one point haha.
(I really appreciate the help btw)

With the choke off, pedal like hell, let out the clutch and open the throttle all the way and keep pedaling until she catches.

With the choke off, pedal like hell, let out the clutch and open the throttle all the way and keep pedaling until she catches.
I’ll try that. I’ve done that with choke on but I’ll try it off. Got a hill outside my road and I can get it to rev pretty high but still doesn’t feel like it catches

Does it turn over smooth and easy with no plug in? Could be a tight bearing...
Yes it is smooth with plug off.

I just saw this video. As dopey as the guy sounds and awful camera angle I think my magneto also is way more on one side than the other so will try that tomorrow

Back