Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

i gyv up the @##$%&g cord broke and so did my patience can anyone gyv me a ballpark number as to wht a shops going to charge im in st.louis

I had my engine start 3 times today, I brought the bike into my garage to tighten the chain back up and went to make a sandwich. When I came out to start it again to go get my check, the engine would turn over and start and I was getting fuel in because it revved ip and down the way it should, but as I was pedaling the bike started to slow down and eventually stop, never getting to actually ride without pedaling and somehow never got the engine to run on its own. What could this problem be? Everything is brand new, plug is fine, gets spark under conpression and without. Its just when I pop the clutch, give it gas and keep pedaling that it starts to slow itself down and turn itself off

My engine doesn't work pls help
I try everything

Last edited by a moderator:
1) plane flat your cylinder head with sandpaper on glass.
2) clean the shellac off the stator coil at the 4 spots where the heads of the mounting screws press onto it. that is the electrical return path for the spark current.
3) make sure the crank seals aren't leaking

Hey guys. I just completed assembling my 80cc Chinese engine on bicycle. Went for the first ride the engine did fire up but was not idling and i had to pedal constantly to keep it running. Not able to figure out the reason. Can this be issue of spark plug or it something else?

Hey guys. I just completed assembling my 80cc Chinese engine on bicycle. Went for the first ride the engine did fire up but was not idling and i had to pedal constantly to keep it running. Not able to figure out the reason. Can this be issue of spark plug or it something else?
Check to see if you put your fuel filter in backwards there an arrow on it you might be getting just a trickle of gaz.

Are you saying that it's firing but but the engine will not pick up rpms when giving it throttle?

Hi what would it mean when I undo my mag cover an fuel come out of were the magneto sits and also will a small imperfection in a piston stop a motor running I've got like a little graze tYpe thing on the edge of my post on an its,a tiny bit deep can rub my nail on it and deal it

fuel in the magneto is likely a bad seal behind the magnet rotor. I had a seal come out with the rotor when changing the rotor. Thing is the seal was not leaking. I got a seal retainer off EBay $7.00.
Was a little worried about the rotor touching it, but so far so good.

Attachments

• new mag & coil 002.jpg
    new mag & coil 002.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 220
Back