Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

if full, it usually clears enough to start running after just a few minutes - it may run weakly for while, but usually gets better in just a mile or two

different oils will read different colors - some oils run brown, while others run gray - the little bit of white at plug tip is most important

My 80cc 2 stroke motor I just put it on my bike I got it started once drove it for about 3 seconds when I put the clutch in so I could Coast just to see if it would idle by itself it died but now I have nothing it won't make that jugging chugging noise when I let go to clutch and it just stops my back tire. So basically my motor makes no noise at all when you go to fire it up.

So with the clutch held you gan pedal it but when released the rear wheel locks up and skids to a stop?

My 80cc 2 stroke motor I just put it on my bike I got it started once drove it for about 3 seconds when I put the clutch in so I could Coast just to see if it would idle by itself it died but now I have nothing it won't make that jugging chugging noise when I let go to clutch and it just stops my back tire. So basically my motor makes no noise at all when you go to fire it up.
Check to see if your chain is bunched up in your case, seizing it up.

hard starting

Ride Anything, before you do anything else I suggest that you disconnect the wiring from the killswitch altogether.
Connect the blue wire from CDI to blue from engine.( or green to green if thats what color it is)
Connect the black from CDI to black from engine.
Cap off the wire wire.
Make sure that at no point anywhere that bare wire is touching any part of the frame.
See if it starts now.
If it does,then you can shut down the engine using the choke.

I have these symptoms, but when you said make sure there’s no bare wire touching any part of the frame that made me think, if I have a 2 part racing cdi with a screw holding down one end of the independent coil, will it also do the same thing and not cause a strong enough spark?

Brand new BBR volt master CDI box with B5hS spark plug

Last edited by a moderator:
I have these symptoms, but when you said make sure there’s no bare wire touching any part of the frame that made me think, if I have a 2 part racing cdi with a screw holding down one end of the independent coil, will it also do the same thing and not cause a strong enough spark?

Brand new BBR volt master CDI box with B5hS spark plug
I have had CDI's with separate coil work both ways. The jaguar CDI had a coil that allowed you to use the unused side of the coil to mount with but the Rocket CDI coil would not.

I have a two piece cdi / coil. I mounted the coil on plastic blocks so nothing is touching the frame. It works great. It's labeled tank mount, but it's a fair pic of the coil.

Attachments

• Tank mount 017.jpg
    Tank mount 017.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 209
Back