Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

Won't Start

I am having the same problem. Got spark, got gas but no go. I'm going to check the magnet next to see if it might be installed backwards. I don't know what else might be wrong. These things can drive you crazy.

The Crawler
does it make a sound when you let the clutch out

Check your carb connection to see if you have a massive air leak. Next pull your jug off inspect for cracks or for dimples.

Next solution get about hundred bucks buy another motor had to replace 2 with same phantom problems of won't start when tried every thing.

After assembling my monstrosity I put the choke on, primed the carb and took it down a hill let the clutch out and it fired up, proper running noise and as i slowed down the hill the engine slowed down and the engine will NOT run by itself once started. As soon as I pull clutch in it dies. I’m thinking fuel starvation as it’s a new engine so I’m going to get some fresh fuel with a bit of two stroke oil today and lob a bit in the spark plug hole mix it around by turning crank over and try again. I will also inspect needle but it looked fine when I assembled it. Anyone had similar issue??

Probably running so rich that the choke is not needed.
I’m thinking more ignition timing as it’s still not working 😓 really upsetting me not going to lie.
it literally doesn’t run unless I’m forcing the crank around by pedalling. Thinking if timing is majorly out then it won’t even have power to run itself with out a load.

Any idea on how to check the magneto against the piston position?

Pull the plug and attach it to the spark plug lead, lay the plug against the block of the engine and spin the back wheel with the clutch engaged. This will tell you if you have a spark or not. If it doesn't have a spark then you'll need a new coil pack. The front cover on the left side covers the mag. we are talking about a common 2 stoke, right?

Pull the plug and attach it to the spark plug lead, lay the plug against the block of the engine and spin the back wheel with the clutch engaged. This will tell you if you have a spark or not. If it doesn't have a spark then you'll need a new coil pack. The front cover on the left side covers the mag. we are talking about a common 2 stoke, right?
Yes mate, I 100% have a consistent spark as I ran the test multiple times, I have a video of me engaging engine you hear it run (slowly) but if you disengage the rear wheel from the engine by pulling the clutch in it instantly dies. As if something isn’t right for it to run itself. I’ve chucked about a tablespoon of fuel in the spark plug hole today and turned the engine over by hand a few times to make sure it’s not fuel related obviously it’s not the air so must be spark :/ but I have a spark 😭

Yes mate, I 100% have a consistent spark as I ran the test multiple times, I have a video of me engaging engine you hear it run (slowly) but if you disengage the rear wheel from the engine by pulling the clutch in it instantly dies. As if something isn’t right for it to run itself. I’ve chucked about a tablespoon of fuel in the spark plug hole today and turned the engine over by hand a few times to make sure it’s not fuel related obviously it’s not the air so must be spark :/ but I have a spark 😭
Oh by the way, this is a brand new engine my first one.

I’m thinking more ignition timing as it’s still not working 😓 really upsetting me not going to lie.
it literally doesn’t run unless I’m forcing the crank around by pedalling. Thinking if timing is majorly out then it won’t even have power to run itself with out a load.

Any idea on how to check the magneto against the piston position?
It's not the timing,the timing is fixed on these and all ready to far advanced.during break in the engine is tight and should only be run short heat cycles under load until it free's up.Re check head torque small leak there losses alot of power,set needle on the second notch from the top.you still could have a bad cdi or mag even when it still shows spark,use spark strength tester to verify.

Back