Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

With the choke off, pedal like hell, let out the clutch and open the throttle all the way and keep pedaling until she catches.
I just done this today. No luck. Pedalled like f*** halfway down my long ass road. Let out clutch and continued to pedal like f*** and nothing. I done this once with the needle in (on second setting) once with needle out and air filter off. No restrictions. On the second time I did notice full throttle brings engine speed up a tiny bit but still didn’t ‘catch’.

asking amazon for new engine, spark plug and CDI to do part exchange on as I’ve genuinely had enough.

Did you look at the mag? Is it messed up, rusty? Not much to these motors, if the piston is up, then it fires. But, you said you have lots of spark.

Did you look at the mag? Is it messed up, rusty? Not much to these motors, if the piston is up, then it fires. But, you said you have lots of spark.
Yh I have a good consistent spark but it’s impossible to tell if it’s timed right.
i filed down the magnet as it had a point where the rivet went through too close to the edge. I centred everything so it no longer touches on one side. But no difference. :(

Yh I have a good consistent spark but it’s impossible to tell if it’s timed right.
i filed down the magnet as it had a point where the rivet went through too close to the edge. I centred everything so it no longer touches on one side. But no difference. :(
When you look at the rotor/magnet with the piston at tdc does the keyway sit at 12:15 -1:00 o'clock ? if it's on the other side of 12:00 o'clock then remove it and flip over,this is the only way it can be mis timed as stated before the timing is fixed (non adjustable) on these from factory, so if the rotor is on the right way then that is NOT the issue!

When you look at the rotor/magnet with the piston at tdc does the keyway sit at 12:15 -1:00 o'clock ? if it's on the other side of 12:00 o'clock then remove it and flip over,this is the only way it can be mis timed as stated before the timing is fixed (non adjustable) on these from factory, so if the rotor is on the right way then that is NOT the issue!
Ok I will quickly check that tomorrow thank you

The magnet rotor key-way should be at the 1:00 position with the piston at TDC. If the key-way is at the 11:00 position, flip it over.
Many of these kits are thrown together from old stockpiled parts and they had changed the timing on the magnet-rotor slightly (key-way position) through the years. They don't pay attention to what crank stroke or rod length is involved.
You can find posts on making a degree wheel and checking the actual spark timing.

The magnet rotor key-way should be at the 1:00 position with the piston at TDC. If the key-way is at the 11:00 position, flip it over.
Many of these kits are thrown together from old stockpiled parts and they had changed the timing on the magnet-rotor slightly (key-way position) through the years. They don't pay attention to what crank stroke or rod length is involved.
You can find posts on making a degree wheel and checking the actual spark timing.
I'd like to know how you can check spark timing with a degree wheel?

You need a timing light i was going to say but what you can't do is be at top dead center and have two different key way positions. You can have 2 rotor positions but the key way on the crankshaft will always be in the same spot for top dead center.

Back