entr0pie from Toronto

entr0pie

Local time
6:46 PM
Hello everyone from Toronto!

Hi All,

This is entr0pie from Toronto. If there are any other motored-bikers from Toronto/Scarborough give me a shout.

I built my motored bike two years ago, during the summer of 2006 to keep me occupied while i was recovering from a soccer injury and subsequent ACL knee surgery. In addition, if the project was sound and solid I had the idea to use it to commute to school, at downtown St. George campus about 7 miles away. The bike is a 48cc two stroke Grubee mounted on a Micargi Cheetah GTS http://store.shop72.com/chbebissp2.html

After building the bike and running about a quarter gallon of fuel/oil, the bike was just parked in the garage and has been collecting dust. It was that way until last week when I found this forum! Having just graduated, so with some time on my hands, I got her running again and this time with the intention of breaking her in with a full gallon of fuel/oil.

The bike seems to vibrate quite a bit and I bent the exhaust (pics included) while mounting to the motor. So, those will be the first issues to get attention. I'll be looking for a decent exhaust+silencer to add some oumph and dampen the noise a bit (idiosyncrasy?). Furthermore, while talking to a mechanic, he mentioned that engines should not be directly clamped to a frame... hence the vibration issue. Thinking of putting a half inch piece of rubber between the engine mount and frame.

I'm really glad to have found this forum as it has given me the motivation to get back with the bike. Btw, I'm open to suggestions on naming the bike. Thanks for having me. :)

Attachments

• 000_0405.jpg
    000_0405.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 000_0406.jpg
    000_0406.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 000_0408.jpg
    000_0408.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 000_0409.jpg
    000_0409.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 000_0411.jpg
    000_0411.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi entr0pie. Welcome to MBc!
Some people put leather, in place of the rubber mount. I switched to leather because my engine kept slightly shifting with rubber. Old innertubes work ok too. Up to the person. Opps, great bike by the way!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Back