Entry Level Motor

Very nice! Input is what I need. I'll look into the GXH50, the new Whizzers and the mounting kits, thanks. I have no reason other than the sound, but I've never been a 2 stroke fan. Of course, the idea of an older Whizzer is tempting, but a beat down 70 year old will probably have a slew of needs or be in the hands of someone who needs a ton of money for it. I'm just starting to get a picture of these bikes and I thank you all (y'all) for your thoughts and knowledge.

Oh, I thought they were Kevlar belts but they might be using a cheaper one now. I did see staton’s chain drives but the sprocket looks really small that mounts on the wheel wouldn’t be much good for acceleration for about $600 you can get it with a gx35 where the gebe is like $700.

The belts are Kevlar, but it does no good if the builder can't get the belt to run straight enough to not touch the sides of the drive wheel sheave. Plus once you start going into bigger power levels than the 32 cc the rear wheel should be rebuilt with 12 gauge spokes and a stiffer rim. The GEBE sheaves also pretty much demand that they be installed only on aluminum hub bodied, low flange, 3 cross spoke pattern built wheels. You can't adapt them to 4 cross, large flange or Sturmey or Shimano gear hubs.

Hmm ok perhaps he could use a belt drive with the inframe gxh50 if it’s possible to attach a belt drive gear onto the transmission and have it line up with an aftermarket whizzer sheave although I don’t know if they have grooves for the belt. The new kits made me think of that, the ones Robert has for the 2 strokes.

Very nice! Input is what I need. I'll look into the GXH50, the new Whizzers and the mounting kits, thanks. I have no reason other than the sound, but I've never been a 2 stroke fan. Of course, the idea of an older Whizzer is tempting, but a beat down 70 year old will probably have a slew of needs or be in the hands of someone who needs a ton of money for it. I'm just starting to get a picture of these bikes and I thank you all (y'all) for your thoughts and knowledge.

You know the China Girl engines are a hydrid of the Russian D series bike engine and old school Japanese radio gen-set engine. I think they have a distinctively old school 2 stroke sound. Comparatively to being a miniature of an old Jawa or other 1950~60 vintage 2 stroke engines like the Villiers or DKW. They chuckle a bit when unloaded on tailwinds and downhills, the intake noise, Woo-a-a-aaah when they pull from low revs is similar to the Puch Twingle. I think people try to run them to hard and fast, their design is for light use loadings, pedalling from a dead stop while slowly feeding the clutch in, helping them on steeper hills.

Hmm ok perhaps he could use a belt drive with the inframe gxh50 if it’s possible to attach a belt drive gear onto the transmission and have it line up with an aftermarket whizzer sheave although I don’t know if they have grooves for the belt. The new kits made me think of that, the ones Robert has for the 2 strokes.

Timing belts should never be used on any other sort of V-belt sheave. The one they were designed for in the case of the GEBE is a 5mm pitch, 9 mm wide belt in Gates' designated to use with LTD deep tooth sheaves and pulleys only

Timing belts should never be used on any other sort of V-belt sheave. The one they were designed for in the case of the GEBE is a 5mm pitch, 9 mm wide belt in Gates' designated to use with LTD deep tooth sheaves and pulleys only
Ok I did think it was different perhaps the toothed setup would work not sure the output gear would fit on the shaft of the 4G or 7G transmission I’m pretty sure the output sprocket is removable maybe it’s 5/8 shaft?

Ok I did think it was different perhaps the toothed setup would work not sure the output gear would fit on the shaft of the 4G or 7G transmission I’m pretty sure the output sprocket is removable maybe it’s 5/8 shaft?

It might be the same pitch, but from what I understand GEBE's drive belt is proprietary to their system only. you're referring to the 4G belt drive for HS engines? I believe the 4G is a far wider belt, and a 4 stroke 50 cc is approaching the limit of strength a GEBE belt system can deal with.

Someone should be looking into designing a Gates Poly V belt system in 7 mm width. Both Makita and Stihl use the same belts to drive concrete and metal gas engined cutoff saw blades. The Makita/Wacker cutoff saw engines put out about 6 H.P. through that little belt, and they're 72 cc, 2 cycle engines with loads of low end torque.

Ok I was also referring to the new 2 stroke belt drive kits that have a belt drive gear that I’m pretty sure is 5/8 if the 4G huasheng transmission shaft is also 5/8 it should be possible as long as there’s clearance I know the belts come with slack already and need a tensioner.

Ok I was also referring to the new 2 stroke belt drive kits that have a belt drive gear that I’m pretty sure is 5/8 if the 4G huasheng transmission shaft is also 5/8 it should be possible as long as there’s clearance I know the belts come with slack already and need a tensioner.
Chinese made parts are metric so the 4G belt is 15mm. 5M570
The new 2 stroke belt drive kits use the same type and you can buy different lengths for about $11.

Back