Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Starfire

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I don't like 2 strokes

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
B

birddog

The new EPA approved 2-strokes are ready for production. Who likes the Skyhawk brand and who prefers the Starfire? Feel free to share your past experiences and opinions and tell us why you liked one or the other--or why you didn't.

HI,

Thanks for the links, while I am not sure if it is EPA approved.....I believe you would have an instant hit if you could bring us an optioned out Super Rat motor with the racing pipe (see Grubee site....since they export the same line of engines just a different model).... It may even be so good that you could convert the hard core 4 strokers out there with this engine!
Andrew

Josh, I have used both engine kits.The quality of Skyhawk is much better. Don't the new EPA Shyhawk Gen ll have the 45 deg. head?

Hi All,

I purposely omitted any comparison and personal bias as I wanted to get uninfluenced opinions by those members that have had personal experience with one make or the other--or both. I understand that many members will not have first hand experience with either one. However, I was hoping that those who do, would comment and share their thoughts and preferences.

What I have in mind is a new edition of 2 stroke kit (EPA approved) that has all the bells and whistles. Upgrades and premium options all the way across the board including the super rat racing pipe. This would be an elite premium kit instead of just the cheapest package that China can throw together.

My dilemma is that there are 2 factories (SkyHawk and StarFire) that can produce this kit. While I have some biases for each, I want to gather the input of the masses so that I can deliver the product that is desired most my the people that are going to be using it.

Hollywood: The new StarFire Gen II has the new angled fire head for the 2 stroke. As far as I know the only SkyHawk Gen II is the 4 stroke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, Im hoping you import one of the new EPA 2-strokes.I went to the Grube site and i real like the looks of the StarFire.I took 3 bikes to a big rod and custom show here this last weekend.One of the bikes was one of the new 4-strokes that i got from you on a new Schwinn Alloy SS.The response i get from people is that it looks like a lawn mower engine on a bicycle.The 2-stroke look, run and sells better for me.

Back