Estoy Aqui!

El Timon

Local time
3:55 AM
To start with I'm a phonetic speller, so excuse the following errors. My girl is a Dimondback "Transpoter" commuter (chromoly)frame. GEBE tanaka 40cc, 76mm clutch kit. At the moment the engine is stock with a welded to seat stays "permanent" platform. Top speed: 34Mph without head or tail wind. This one is to be my test bike for the frame I plan to get in the future. I don't like the fact that I have a drive system that is proprietary, i.e. the belt and drive ring. I want to switch over to chain drive soon. Should anyone have questions about my build or just want to give a shout out, your more than welcome as I plan on given/gettin as much advice as I can. So very happy to be a part of the forum now, was waiting until I got her road ready before I did. thanx for having me here!

Attachments

• this side.jpg
    this side.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 87
  • that side.jpg
    that side.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 93
  • from behind.jpg
    from behind.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 86
Timon, I deleted one of your posts since they were both the same. I am sorry that we do not have the accent marks:' or tildes:~ that we really should, but, we will do the best we can in plain English. Welcome to MBc, Timon. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under 'Introduce Yourself' has 20 or so links to "How To." threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. If you are still stumped, post a question in the proper Forum.

The only experience I have had with, El Timon was a bar & grill (una cervezaria) on the coast of nicaragua, I think. I did get around when I was young and working. As for your bike, you could consider something from Dave Staton in Oklahoma. His web site is http://www.staton-inc.com/home.shtml He machines a geadbox (87.5:1) that is 'bullet-proof' and chain geared. If you pair that with a Robin-Subaru EH035 engine, you will fly--actually, expect 25-30, altho it is quite easy to change the drive gear on the gear box and get as high as 40 mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome

Hi. Bike looks good. where did you get the motor and mount kit. Did they come togather or did u get seperetly. What was the price for all not bike.

The original kit is a GEBE, engine and drive belt/ring plus universal mounting hardware. Didn't quite fit on my frame so I knew a guy who helped me permenantly weld a platform/rack to the seat stays and there ya go..

Back